Thread: Nice powder funnels

Nice powder funnels

Since I'm reloading single stage like a savage poor, I thought I'd pop on over to Brownells and grab me some fancy Satern funnels. WRONG, they're on backorder. Any alternatives? Is the Powder Pal good to go?
    #RESIST

Area419 funnels, I haven’t used them but area419 is really good stuff. Purchase adapters for bore size.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021410123?pid=569983

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I like the 419s. And you're not reloading like a "savage", you're using a single-stage because you're a man of taste and distinction. Savages load for their bolt guns with powder drops.

Site Supporter
    I picked up a nice set from Lyman. Will try to find link.About $29 on Amazon. Used on 6mm and 6.5CM plus 26 Nosler

However I load most 223 and 6.5CM with Dillon powder drop on 550

I use 2 of the Lymans on my Chargemaster. Trim them to the same weight and it really speeds things up using the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Since I'm reloading single stage like a savage poor, I thought I'd pop on over to Brownells and grab me some fancy Satern funnels. WRONG, they're on backorder. Any alternatives? Is the Powder Pal good to go?
    Wow, now I feel like a savage poor because I've been using a red plastic funnel since Reagan was president. The good news is that Satern .17 funnels are in stock That will be a serious improvement over the savage, white trash, redneck poor funnel I've been using for that.

P-F, just spend my money!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Wow, now I feel like a savage poor because I've been using a red plastic funnel since Reagan was president. The good news is that Satern .17 funnels are in stock That will be a serious improvement over the savage, white trash, redneck poor funnel I've been using for that.

P-F, just spend my money!
    Ditto. I bought a Lee red plastic, 22-45 caliber funnel in the mid eighties. It does everything I need it to do.

I just got the red Lee, but am intrigued by the Lyman set on Amazon now thanks to this thread. It’s my cart, I’m sure I’ll get it, The Dude is a weak man.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I just got the red Lee, but am intrigued by the Lyman set on Amazon now thanks to this thread. It’s my cart, I’m sure I’ll get it, The Dude is a weak man.
    I have this set. It works well enough. The two things worth noting are:
    • The handle is heavy and throws the balance of the funnel off while sitting on the case. Care has to be taken that funnel is square to the case mouth or fine grain powders might leak around the case mouth. If the funnel isn’t removed straight, it can pull the case out of the loading block.
    • The bushings for the different calibers are a friction fit into the funnel by compressing an O-ring. If the bushing isn’t fully seated, powder can get caught on top of the bushing. Twisting the bushings into place with a little dry case lube helps with this.

All of that makes the Lyman funnel sound awful, but I very much like having the specific neck diameter bushings, as opposed to the tapered universal funnels. I like the weight of the Lyman, as opposed to a plastic funnel. I might cut the handle off for better balance.

I’m sure that the Area 419 is a superior product, but even if you buy the funnel and the individual caliber bushing(s) that you need; it is more than I could spend for a funnel.

User Tag List