Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logged in as Another Member

Site Supporter

Logged in as Another Member

I clicked on an email link to view a post and got a notification that I was not allowed to view that post, apparently the guy is not on site supporter status. I had to log out twice, probably once for him and then once for me, and when I logged back in all was well. Still, that's messed up and is a potential security issue. It happened at about 7 AM CST on 1/21/21.

It happened again with the same member at about 7:30.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 01-21-2021 at 08:34 AM.

I haven't been logged in as another member, but twice now I've been shown a notice I'm not allowed to view a forum.

I need screenshots, but I don’t think this is a big deal.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I clicked on an email link to view a post and got a notification that I was not allowed to view that post, apparently the guy is not on site supporter status. I had to log out twice, probably once for him and then once for me, and when I logged back in all was well. Still, that's messed up and is a potential security issue. It happened at about 7 AM CST on 1/21/21.

It happened again with the same member at about 7:30.
    This also happened to me about a week ago.

Site Supporter
    Name:  pistol-forum.com_showthread.php_46200-DC-Protests-on-Wednesday&goto=newpost.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  56.4 KB

Maybe he just doesn't like you.

(Or Louisiana.)

I remember when a certain member banned me from his vendor site here. I wore it as a badge of honor, though.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  pistol-forum.com_showthread.php_46200-DC-Protests-on-Wednesday&goto=newpost.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  56.4 KB
    Which forum? I assure you, there's no ban on your account.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Which forum? I assure you, there's no ban on your account.
    Here's the link from the email: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....y&goto=newpost

ETA: Just tried it again, same result. 9:07 CST, Win 10 and Google Chrome, both with current updates.

Here's the link from the email: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....y&goto=newpost

ETA: Just tried it again, same result. 9:07 CST, Win 10 and Google Chrome, both with current updates.
    When I click that link, I receive the exact same view as your screenshot, FYI.

@LittleLebowski

When I tried clicking into the politics subforum, prior to seeing @revchuck38 's thread, I was shown the exact same screen & ad as his.

FWIW, it happened to me on a Mac with Safari, so the platform may not be relevant.

I forget which member it thought I was.

User Tag List