Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I haven't tested that yet, but I'll see if there's a way I can with a slide test backplate.
    I installed the Timney trigger in a Gen 5 G17 with a Ghost connector and 5# FPS and the pull weight is 3# 5 oz. with a weak reset.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I installed the Timney trigger in a Gen 5 G17 with a Ghost connector and 5# FPS and the pull weight is 3# 5 oz. with a weak reset.
    I changed the Ghost minus connector to an OEM Glock minus connector which resolved the weak reset issue.

Consistent 2.8lb pull with std dot connector in my 19 Gen5. Full engagement. Clean reset. Usual firing pin lug drag marks on the cruciform. NP3 coating is a bonus Will continue to track trigger weight. Will also do some drop testing with a beater gun. But I expect it to pass because of the solid trigger safety engagement and no pretravel issues with the firing pin safety.

Definitely a comp trigger. Not a carry trigger IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Precious!

I read something on Enos that I thought was funny. A lot of people like Johnny Glocks triggers. That dude offers a tuning service to further improve on the Timney trigger for $250. With trigger itself at 150 bucks, that's $400 trigger job for a 600 bucks gun.

I was trying to come up with other examples when a price of lockwork parts and a trigger job amounted to 2/3 of a full gun's price and I couldn't.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I read something on Enos that I thought was funny. A lot of people like Johnny Glocks triggers. That dude offers a tuning service to further improve on the Timney trigger for $250. With trigger itself at 150 bucks, that's $400 trigger job for a 600 bucks gun.

I was trying to come up with other examples when a price of lockwork parts and a trigger job amounted to 2/3 of a full gun's price and I couldn't.
    I think the best examples were the multiple HK pistols, where you did GGI trigger jobs, then 4.1 updates, causing the trigger work to exceed the cost of each original P30.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think the best examples were the multiple HK pistols, where you did GGI trigger jobs, then 4.1 updates, causing the trigger work to exceed the cost of each original P30.
    Will not confirm or deny.

Anything that's 10 years old is null, void, and inadmissible.

I plead the 5th.

More importantly, ze German plastic guns with hammers are lots more expensive than ze Austrian plastic guns without hammers. Even with the special needs triggers and parts it still didn't come out to 50%. I think.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Precious!
    There's no question this guy has shooting talent. And plenty of it.

But every time I watch a video by him, I can't shake the feeling I need to take a shower.

And the crew that surrounds him has the same effect on me.

Never been anywhere near his range, but even the scenery you see on his videos makes me suspect that somewhere in the back of the shed there are a couple of "special" rooms with some non-shooting related accessories and furnishings.

Maybe it's just me. But my BS radar lights up every single time I see this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    There's no question this guy has shooting talent. And plenty of it.

But every time I watch a video by him, I can't shake the feeling I need to take a shower.

And the crew that surrounds him has the same effect on me.

Never been anywhere near his range, but even the scenery you see on his videos makes me suspect that somewhere in the back of the shed there are a couple of "special" rooms with some non-shooting related accessories and furnishings.

Maybe it's just me. But my BS radar lights up every single time I see this guy.
    I watched some of it, right up to when he makes fun of a fat girl in a bikini, while being the size of 3 people himself.

User Tag List