Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I did not watch the first video, 30 minutes of er-um is way over my tolerance.

In the second, why was he jerking the trigger gauge. I thought a gradual pull gave a better reading.

Would a pull over the tab show 15 oz?
    I believe the reason he's jerking the gauge is to get the break measured, as the weight of the trigger safety dingus was found to be ~13oz.

So the dingus is 13oz, and then the actual break is 3oz.

Some good discussion and review over at BE, showing testing with different connectors and other tests:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...ition-trigger/

Installed mine tonight. Took a bit of futzing with the trigger return spring as I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Best Glock trigger I have felt by far. Look forward to shooting it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Installed mine tonight. Took a bit of futzing with the trigger return spring as I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Best Glock trigger I have felt by far. Look forward to shooting it.
    And.....

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Yep that makes it clear, best video by far, missed that one when it was posted earlier. Really clever design, I imagine they are going to sell every one they can make and put guys doing Glock trigger jobs out of business. I've never done anything but the most mild trigger modifications to a Glock, but if I was going for a competition-only trigger, this would seem to be a no-brainer vs. messing with modified trigger bars and aftermarket strikers and other stuff that has a terrible track record for reliability. Though if you're running lighter recoil springs as many competition guys do, you'd still need to balance that with the striker spring weight to be sure it returns to battery, so maybe there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I've never wanted a 1911 trigger in a Glock because I've never been a 1911 guy, but now you've put the idea in my head of a Walther trigger in a Glock, and I so enjoyed the trigger in my P99's, now I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a tricked out Glock just for funsies.
    I would like a kahr trigger in a glock

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I would like a kahr trigger in a glock
    My current trigger is like a very light Kahr trigger (no wall, DAO.)

Gen 3:
    -Full polish of internals
    -Rounded ZEV firing pin block
    -Ghost EDGE connector

It's like a 3.5lb Kahr trigger. No wall, no grit, just a pretty steady light pressure to break. I like it a lot, can fire it quickly as easily without thinking about it (ie no taking up the slack and staging at the wall, over and over.) Just put the sights on the target and pull backward until it fires. I find this setup is very resistant to jerking the trigger vs the previous 'hard wall' glock trigger I've shot for years.

That said, I'm excited to try this new Timney trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    And.....
    And it shot like a Glock with an excellent trigger.

Hammertime
    And it shot like a Glock with an excellent trigger.
    How does it compare to a VP9?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    How does it compare to a VP9?
    They are both 9mm striker pistols with good triggers. Otherwise they don’t have much in common. I view the Timney trigger as a gaming mod for the person who wants to compete with a Glock, but I don’t see carrying it, given how new it is and how fundamentally it changes the basic design of the Glock. The VP9 trigger is integral to that pistol’s design. In fairness, I wouldn’t carry a Lazy Wolf trigger in a VP9 either.

They are both 9mm striker pistols with good triggers. Otherwise they don’t have much in common. I view the Timney trigger as a gaming mod for the person who wants to compete with a Glock, but I don’t see carrying it, given how new it is and how fundamentally it changes the basic design of the Glock. The VP9 trigger is integral to that pistol’s design. In fairness, I wouldn’t carry a Lazy Wolf trigger in a VP9 either.
    Did you find the Timney to be comparably light and crisp to the VP9?

User Tag List