Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Site Supporter
    I hope a GEN 5 version is in the works. Damn me for buying the latest and greatest Glock versions!
    Would also be nice to see one for the large frame guns. I'm already using my G21.3 as a target gun which sounds like it would be great for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I hope a GEN 5 version is in the works. Damn me for buying the latest and greatest Glock versions!
    Would also be nice to see one for the large frame guns. I'm already using my G21.3 as a target gun which sounds like it would be great for the role.
    March 2020 supposedly

A pretty interesting and fairly unbiased review of the system from Johnny Glock.
    And there seems to definitely be a potential trigger reset issue that is worth noting near the end of the video. I love the idea of this trigger but my guns are carry guns so I'll have to pass on this one, damn it... (I adore gadgets and upgrades but not at the expense of safety or function).

https://youtu.be/BbQ4ERRKRQE

Got mine in, installed in a Gen TWO frame, wouldn't work. I had thought it might not reset because the upper locking block pin wasn't there to capture the upper leg on the return spring, and I was correct.

Robbed a Gen 3 frame from another pistol, installed it into that frame. The upper for this is a G22 slide with a G35 threaded barrel and a TF Sight Block attached. Don't have even a hundred rounds through thise set-up as I'm saving primers, and what loaded ammo I have a good supply of is 9mm.

Went to the range to shoot some of my .40 ammo through it with the new trigger. Disclosure: I'm an old, slow, uncoordinated fart and I usually run about .21 - .24 splits for A-zone hits at seven-ten yards. I also keep my trigger finger in contact with the trigger through out reset.

First six or so shots led revealed I needed less pre-travel/take-up. Retreated to the truck and took it down to screw in the reset adjustment. Lucked out and got it pretty much the same as the take-up on my P320 Legion.

Short travel, crisp break, using stock striker spring and 'five' pound connector. I like it. Don't have a trigger weight gauge, so can't give weight.

Shot about a half box of old Speer Lawman Training 165gr TMJ and about a half box of old 3-D 180gr lead SWC. The 3D loads were much softer shooting, and surprisingly (to me) fed okay. My resets between five to ten yards were under .20 which is good for me. The last five rounds out of each box I fired roll-over prone at 50. The 165gr held the 10 ring on the action pistol target I was using, the 180gr lead had 3X and two fives - the set screw on the sight block had backed out and apparently caused the two fives, or maybe the 3X LOL. Going to have to figure something out before finalizing the build on this set-up.

Anyways, this is the first non-Glock trigger I've purchased for any of my Glocks and I'm happy.

I have one incoming. I'll get detailed pics and plan on disassembling the receiver as well, since I can't find pics of the inside of it anywhere. Call me a weirdo, but I could care less about having a ridiculously light trigger. I'm more curious about the difference in feel throughout the arc of pull. Call me crazy, but based on what I'm seeing and hearing, I actually kind of want to mod this thing, swap out the springs with stiffer ones, and see what it's like with a 4-5# pull.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I have one incoming. I'll get detailed pics and plan on disassembling the receiver as well, since I can't find pics of the inside of it anywhere. Call me a weirdo, but I could care less about having a ridiculously light trigger. I'm more curious about the difference in feel throughout the arc of pull. Call me crazy, but based on what I'm seeing and hearing, I actually kind of want to mod this thing, swap out the springs with stiffer ones, and see what it's like with a 4-5# pull.
    If you have a trigger weight scale I'd be interested in what you get with a standard striker spring and a standard connector.

Will do. I have a digital Lyman scale. It'll be going in a gen 3 RTF2 G17 frame with a G34 upper. I'll try it with a standard connector as well as a Ghost Edge (My favorite due to the profile: reference). All my striker springs are always stock, since that's the one thing I never bother to mess with.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    A pretty interesting and fairly unbiased review of the system from Johnny Glock.
    And there seems to definitely be a potential trigger reset issue that is worth noting near the end of the video. I love the idea of this trigger but my guns are carry guns so I'll have to pass on this one, damn it... (I adore gadgets and upgrades but not at the expense of safety or function).

https://youtu.be/BbQ4ERRKRQE
    Looks like JG got it down to a 3 ounce trigger.

https://youtu.be/3j2MyobLfec

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Looks like JG got it down to a 3 ounce trigger.

https://youtu.be/3j2MyobLfec
    Crazy!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I did not watch the first video, 30 minutes of er-um is way over my tolerance.

In the second, why was he jerking the trigger gauge. I thought a gradual pull gave a better reading.

Would a pull over the tab show 15 oz?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List