Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I think that is a good approach. Unfortunately for Timney and fortunately for some attorneys, someone is going to shove a Glock equipped with one of these triggers into their pants and badness will ensue.
    As opposed to the thousand other aftermarket triggers already available?

Mine will be here tomorrow. My carry 19 is still stock but for a play gun this sounds interesting.

Lots of understandable "not in my carry gun" comments. But note that Timney calls this the Alpha Competition.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I want the proven Glock system for carry, but I am not sure the difference in pre travel and pull weight between an OEM and competition trigger is likely to make much difference in an appendix ND, given how much force can come from a shirt tail in a holster or finger on a trigger scenario.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have one inbound to mess around with. Just as I have Apex FSS triggers in competition CORE pistols, and stock triggers on carry M&P pistols, I have no problem with this on a Glock used for gaming.
    I think you will love it, knowing what I know about you. Combines the best of Glock and VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I think you will love it, knowing what I know about you. Combines the best of Glock and VP.
    Do you have one?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you have one?
    No, just total E-speculation on my part.

I got mine installed super easy. I put this in a Gen 4 and I'll say up front I do not remember which striker spring I have in this gun maybe 5lb in it now but I am getting about a 2 lb 10 oz trigger break on my lyman trigger gauge. I will put the stock striker Spring in later when I have more time. It still feels like a Glock trigher with much less squishy trigger break. I did a 3 foot drop 3 times on carpet on cement floor and it did not give me a dead trigger. I'll try to get more information later when I have more time.
    Last edited by OkieHeat; 01-25-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Cool! Which connector? I'm curious with the Timney whether different connectors change the feel in a similar way as with a normal Glock mechanism. How's the reset compared to a standard Glock trigger?

User Tag List