Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    The video below says March 1 for Gen 5. Since you're not pulling against the striker spring that weight seems doable. Folks that want a 1911 trigger on a Glock finally get their wish! I find it curious that they kept the connector, I suppose that would let you customize the feel of the break.

@Doc_Glock - will you be taking a mallet to one?

From what I can figure looking at the video the little insert holds the striker fully back and the trigger bar then drops that sear. That looks strikingly similar to the VP9 and PPQ and I bet I could get it to drop the striker.

Essentially it looks like they are turning the Glock into a VP9. Pass. May be great for competition though.

Hammertime

I am reposting this video from above and embedding. At 6:08 ish Cooley explains how it works. Seems like a great idea for competition. At least as safe as a VP9 or PPQ I imagine with the only risk being a dead trigger from a severe drop or mallet.

Hmm. Since all my Glocks (and guns in general) are used for both carry/duty and competition (primarily IDPA, secondarily GSSF and ASI), a 3# trigger without a manual safety is a no-go for me.

And I've already got the VP box checked, with my VP40 with its 5.4# pull weight, which is as light I want to go with on that (particularly given the VP's softer break than that on a Glock).

Interesting concept and execution, though, especially for the gun games boys and girls.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    From what I can figure looking at the video the little insert holds the striker fully back and the trigger bar then drops that sear. That looks strikingly similar to the VP9 and PPQ and I bet I could get it to drop the striker.

Essentially it looks like they are turning the Glock into a VP9. Pass. May be great for competition though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am reposting this video from above and embedding. At 6:08 ish Cooley explains how it works. Seems like a great idea for competition. At least as safe as a VP9 or PPQ I imagine with the only risk being a dead trigger from a severe drop or mallet.
    Yep that makes it clear, best video by far, missed that one when it was posted earlier. Really clever design, I imagine they are going to sell every one they can make and put guys doing Glock trigger jobs out of business. I've never done anything but the most mild trigger modifications to a Glock, but if I was going for a competition-only trigger, this would seem to be a no-brainer vs. messing with modified trigger bars and aftermarket strikers and other stuff that has a terrible track record for reliability. Though if you're running lighter recoil springs as many competition guys do, you'd still need to balance that with the striker spring weight to be sure it returns to battery, so maybe there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I've never wanted a 1911 trigger in a Glock because I've never been a 1911 guy, but now you've put the idea in my head of a Walther trigger in a Glock, and I so enjoyed the trigger in my P99's, now I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a tricked out Glock just for funsies.

Fully-cocked striker? Not SCD-able? For a carry gun, or any gun with which I may be moving about, in a fast or strenuous way, I think I’ll pass. A hard pass. Even a “Condition Zero” 1911 still has a grip safety, and I have several 1911 pistols.

To experiment with, well, sniping with a pistol, such as rural pest-control, or punching targets, from a fixed position, I’ll allow a “maybe.” I have enough Glocks that I could convert one into a bullseye-ish/target pistol. It would be fun to see how accurate I might be, with that Glock having a clean trigger pull, without all of the clickery-clackety-clunk.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-21-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    33 years later...

"You know, this Glock thing might have some legs after all."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    33 years later...

"You know, this Glock thing might have some legs after all."
    Not if you shoot yourself in one.

I’ll see myself out.

ETA: I own, carry, and shoot Glocks. This going to a fully tensioned striker seems to remove a degree of safety I’d probably not AIWB.
    Last edited by BWT; 01-21-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Sounds awesome.

A few years ago I had an idea for a new Glock frame that converts the Glock into a sort of "PPQ that takes Glock Mags" by giving it a fully tensioned striker.

Seems like this is it.

Downside is that my SIRT trainer would no longer be a realistic representation of my current Glock trigger with Ghost Edge connector.

I have one inbound to mess around with. Just as I have Apex FSS triggers in competition CORE pistols, and stock triggers on carry M&P pistols, I have no problem with this on a Glock used for gaming.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have one inbound to mess around with. Just as I have Apex FSS triggers in competition CORE pistols, and stock triggers on carry M&P pistols, I have no problem with this on a Glock used for gaming.
    I think that is a good approach. Unfortunately for Timney and fortunately for some attorneys, someone is going to shove a Glock equipped with one of these triggers into their pants and badness will ensue.

User Tag List