Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I saw a post on the gram with a Glock with several thousand rounds through it and the housing cracked and split in several places. That is definitely something I'll be watching.
    The Glock trigger housing, or the Timney, red anodized sear housing?

If its the Glock trigger housing then your guy probably torqued the retaining screw down too much.

If its the Timny sear housing...DERP? How? lol.

I have five of these triggers, all in gen 5 guns.

They have all been 100% reliable albeit 100% varied in trigger feel.

On some of my older guns with slide to frame slop, there is a pronounced hitch as the trigger bar rolls over the firing pin block plunger. During dry fire you notice this, during live fire you dont.

My G34.5 was my primary training gun. The Timney in that gun has 10K+nds on it without cleaning and the original light weight trigger return spring. Truthfully, I lost count on the ammo so who know's where its really sitting. That gun is a filthy mess of carbon and oil. Zero issues.

I have noticed that these don't play nice with some slide stops. The fit between the trigger bar and the slide stop can do two things.

1. It can retard the reset.

2. It can degrade trigger feel.

I went back to OEM stops to alleviate this issue.

Would I carry one of these triggers? Based upon my personal findings, yes IF I had to which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Oh, certainly. The fact that it negates the use of a gadget eliminates that possibility, for me, on it's own. It is purely academic and because I won it in a karma here so I may as well give it a fair shake.

The changes to the trigger characteristics (lack of takeup and very short reset) relegate it to owb only and more than likely it will be pulled after a single session and moved along for someone else to do the same.

But I'm curious like a cat.
    I had a Timney enhanced feel trigger shoe installed on a G34.5. The gadget works fine but sticks out a very small amount when chambered. Goes flush when not cocked. Was it installed incorrectly? I assumed it would have no effect on the gadget. Just put 130 rounds thru it without issues. Mainly just wnated a wider trigger safety. It would be a sd gun. This may be off topic a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    I had a Timney enhanced feel trigger shoe installed on a G34.5. The gadget works fine but sticks out a very small amount when chambered. Goes flush when not cocked. Was it installed incorrectly? I assumed it would have no effect on the gadget. Just put 130 rounds thru it without issues. Mainly just wnated a wider trigger safety. It would be a sd gun. This may be off topic a bit.
    Just the shoe may not make a difference but if you install the whole timney trigger then it converts your gun to a fully cocked striker, and thus the gadget will be fully tensioned and at its most rearward travel.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Just the shoe may not make a difference but if you install the whole timney trigger then it converts your gun to a fully cocked striker, and thus the gadget will be fully tensioned and at its most rearward travel.

That is why i did the shoe only. I didn't get a glock until
    the scd became available.

User Tag List