Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You could try a CZ P-07 or P-09, the "Glock" of TDA guns...
    I don't doubt that there are other guns that have awesome triggers.

That's not the point of my endeavor. I want to turn a Glock into a 700 gram trigger gun with just a 140$ trigger. Not buy another gun.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolJoe View Post
    I don't doubt that there are other guns that have awesome triggers.

That's not the point of my endeavor. I want to turn a Glock into a 700 gram trigger gun with just a 140$ trigger. Not buy another gun.
    Got it. I just wanted to point out that there are polymer guns with awesome triggers that are not heavy or bulky.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  20220108_090312.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  21.3 KB

Got the alpha i won installed on a g45. Nice visual of how much change in attributes are occurring.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post

Got the alpha i won installed on a g45. Nice visual of how much change in attributes are occurring.
    It took me a few seconds to notice the boner.

Name:  20220108_090312.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  21.3 KB

That's actually kind of terrifying - to see just how much of the pretravel and pretensioning that trigger takes out of the GLOCK system. What's the trigger movement - a couple of mms?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's actually kind of terrifying - to see just how much of the pretravel and pretensioning that trigger takes out of the GLOCK system. What's the trigger movement - a couple of mms?
    I'll see if I can get a video here in a few minutes but yeah you're pretty much at the wall. When I was explaining it to a friend, who's gun we're trying it in, he didn't really get what I was saying until I put the slide on and showed him where the gadget was sitting. Then it all was clear as day.

It feels great and I'm certain that it will be a great trigger for shooting but even with the fully tensioned striker guns on the market, you at least have pre travel/takeup before you hit the wall. With this thing you're just there. I'll run it from an owb for a session or two but I already know that it's not something I would work with regularly at all, even on a match gun. I don't see the point in playing with fire - outside of checking my curiosity under calm unstressed range conditions.

Ignore the heavy breathing and my dumbass hitting the muzzle on the door glass...but here's a quick video on the lack of takeup etc...

My G5 Timney worked great for a few hundred rounds and then had ongoing reset issues. Enough so, I gave it away to a friend, with disclosure.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ignore the heavy breathing and my dumbass hitting the muzzle on the door glass...but here's a quick video on the lack of takeup etc...

Holy baby Jeebus - I'm even more scared now. You've basically created a hideously ugly plastic 1911 without a safety

Holy baby Jeebus - I'm even more scared now. You've basically created a hideously ugly plastic 1911 without a safety
    My understanding is that the Timney maintains functionality of all three Glock safety systems?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List