Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Timney enters Glock market

The link to this trigger was sent to me by a friend.

https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-com...glock-gen-3-4/

Given Timney's name recognition these should sell quite well.

I notice with interest that they cut the bottom off the trigger housing to make the trigger compatible across multiple generations. This is actually a surprisingly simple idea. Looking at Timney's online instructions I see that the trigger housing is a sort of "subassembly" that fits into the pistol's existing plastic trigger housing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 01-21-2021 at 07:36 AM.

That's actually really cool, but I wonder how rigid it'll be...

Please don’t inundate Tom with queries about how these work with the SCD.
    #RESIST

Pretty.

Lame.

Can't blame 'em for trying' to make a buck, but if I wanted a super fancy-dancy trigger like that, I'd start out with a non-Glock to begin with.

And I say that as an avowed Glock guy!

Hammertime
    Looks like an innovative product.

Looks intriguing. I don't know how you decide to launch a product in 2021 for Glocks and not be compatible with gen5 though. I may end up trying one for my G35 limited gun. I am interested if they can get a true ~3# trigger with a stock 5.5# striker spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Looks intriguing. I don't know how you decide to launch a product in 2021 for Glocks and not be compatible with gen5 though. I may end up trying one for my G35 limited gun. I am interested if they can get a true ~3# trigger with a stock 5.5# striker spring.
    I would have to assume that they started working on this awhile ago and are targeting the bulk of the guns in the market place first and will modify it down the road to have a Gen 5 version?
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

In the explanation given by Shane Cooley, they accomplished the crisp take-up and lighter pull by catching the striker in its cocked position so for that reason I would only use it for competition.

Go to the 5:45 mark in the video link below

https://youtu.be/uuAk1ocBVfM

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamautry; 01-21-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added video link

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    The video below says March 1 for Gen 5. Since you're not pulling against the striker spring that weight seems doable. Folks that want a 1911 trigger on a Glock finally get their wish! I find it curious that they kept the connector, I suppose that would let you customize the feel of the break. Edit: And, you know, prevent it from going full auto...should have worded that differently, I wonder whether the connector still has a role in depressing the trigger bar to release the sear, looks like it does but not certain.

@Doc_Glock - will you be taking a mallet to one?

Last edited by EricM; 01-21-2021 at 12:32 PM.

User Tag List