Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

@Sig_Fiend

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

I am also trying to further mod the Timney trigger in my G17 Gen 5 , but I want to make the trigger even lighter. My goal is to reach 700 grams or as light as it possibly can get and to have a trigger pull weight like a STI or CZ.

My research leads me to believe that apart from the L shaped trigger return spring, it is the spring under the sear that determines the triggers pull weight.

I was thinking that I need to replace the spring that pushes the sear up. Have you succeeded in finding a spring that fits the measurements and which we can use to tweak the weight?

Also what tool did you use to push the pin out that holds the sear over the spring in the sear housing?

I'd like to collect information on how to go even further than what the timney trigger allows us.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolJoe View Post

I'd like to collect information on how to go even further than what the timney trigger allows us.
    Are you shooting bullseye or something?
    #RESIST

@Sig_Fiend

Thanks for the detailed pictures.

I am also trying to further mod the Timney trigger in my G17 Gen 5 , but I want to make the trigger even lighter. My goal is to reach 700 grams or as light as it possibly can get and to have a trigger pull weight like a STI or CZ.

My research leads me to believe that apart from the L shaped trigger return spring, it is the spring under the sear that determines the triggers pull weight.

I was thinking that I need to replace the spring that pushes the sear up. Have you succeeded in finding a spring that fits the measurements and which we can use to tweak the weight?

Also what tool did you use to push the pin out that holds the sear over the spring in the sear housing?

Honestly, I gave up. This was only ever going to be a fun experiment with this trigger, but I have way too many projects. I'm just going to sell this thing and be done with it.

I never expected it to be, but to be clear for anyone else, this is purely a competition trigger and will NEVER be safe for defensive/hard usage.

To mirror LL, I'd wonder what the intent was of trying to go lighter on the sear spring? It's already the only thing restricting movement of the sear. A 1.5lb pull would be pretty ridiculous for pretty much anything except a range toy novelty, which is fine of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    There's no question this guy has shooting talent. And plenty of it.

But every time I watch a video by him, I can't shake the feeling I need to take a shower.

And the crew that surrounds him has the same effect on me.

Never been anywhere near his range, but even the scenery you see on his videos makes me suspect that somewhere in the back of the shed there are a couple of "special" rooms with some non-shooting related accessories and furnishings.

Maybe it's just me. But my BS radar lights up every single time I see this guy.
    Same here. Besides being a creep, Taran has promoted an Instagram style of shooting where looking hot or tactical is more important than actually shooting well. (Look at the size of the targets they hose on Taran's brothel range). I've seen this infect 3 Gun to the extent I don't have any interest in that anymore. Fortunately, that is rare in USPSA.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

[MENTION=991]...I want to make the trigger even lighter. My goal is to reach 700 grams or as light as it possibly can get and to have a trigger pull weight like a STI or CZ.
    A Glock is the wrong gun for a super light trigger pull. The design makes a light pull and reliable ignition of primers opposing variables. This sounds like an exercise in frustration.

@Clusterfrack... "brothel range" Bwahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Honestly, I gave up. This was only ever going to be a fun experiment with this trigger, but I have way too many projects. I'm just going to sell this thing and be done with it.

I never expected it to be, but to be clear for anyone else, this is purely a competition trigger and will NEVER be safe for defensive/hard usage.

To mirror LL, I'd wonder what the intent was of trying to go lighter on the sear spring? It's already the only thing restricting movement of the sear. A 1.5lb pull would be pretty ridiculous for pretty much anything except a range toy novelty, which is fine of course.
    Of course it is just for Gun Range purposes and Bulls Eye shooting. And I experiment only on my Target Shooting Glock. All other Glocks are Pure Stock.

What I want to achieve is basically a Glock with a trigger pull weight of a tuned expensive 1911 or CZ style pistols that have 700 grams SA trigger pull. Just as a proof of concept. I'm fully aware that such low trigger pull ha sits issues.

I'm experimenting on my Glock for the fun of it.

The only thing I envy other Pistols for is that the 1911/2011 and CZ style pistols are able to go as low as 700 grams for SA Trigger pull But other than that I find them too heavy and bulky for me. Everything else like, weight, size and ergonomics, I like more on the Glock than on other pistols. I understand that these are different kind of pistols and I'm just experimenting here. So far I have failed to achieve that trigger pull with Glocks reliably without risking light primers. Yes you can go as low as that with Glocks by changing striker springs, but then you will have light primer strikes. The Timney avoids that. When Buying the Timney, I was hoping to go as low as that, but out of the Box I get about 1,5 KGs. WHich is OK, but I wanna see how far I can go. I was hoping to go as low as 700 grams and wonder what the limit is for the Timney Trigger like system. At the end I want only the Striker and sear friction to be the only factor limiting the trigger pull.

I have determined, that I need to lower the weight of the L shaped spring and the weight of the spring inside the sear.

Btw. how did you manage to remove the pin that holds the sear I was too afraid to apply too much pressure as the sear is made of light aluminium only and I didn't want it to bend.

Imagine having a 1911 or CZ like light SA Trigger on a Glock for a fraction

The only thing I envy other Pistols for is that the 1911/2011 and CZ style pistols are able to go as low as 700 grams for SA Trigger pull But other than that I find them too heavy and bulky for me. Everything else like, weight, size and ergonomics, I like more on the Glock than on other pistols.
    You could try a CZ P-07 or P-09, the "Glock" of TDA guns...

Maybe if you paid Johnny Glock $250 to improve your $150 Timney, you could figure out what he did so you could copy it on the next one.

I know a guy who can massage a Glock to 2 lb or a bit less, call it 900 grammes in French, but the one he worked on for a friend of mine only lasted a couple of months. I don't know how often he has to rework his own, his wife's, and his best friend's triggers.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Maybe if you paid Johnny Glock $250 to improve your $150 Timney, you could figure out what he did so you could copy it on the next one.

I know a guy who can massage a Glock to 2 lb or a bit less, call it 900 grammes in French, but the one he worked on for a friend of mine only lasted a couple of months. I don't know how often he has to rework his own, his wife's, and his best friend's triggers.
    Johnny keeps his secrets, like how he got that big ass scar on his arm, that looks suspiciously like a ND wound for himself.

But I know how Johnny gets his 2 lbs. He is a magician with the scale...

This guy even beats Johnny: https://youtu.be/zLyktFd7Evs

He can show you any trigger weight on the scale that you want.

But whether you will ever be able to ignite a primer with it, is a whole other question.

Like I said, It's no magic to get a light pull on the Glock Trigger. But I want a light trigger pull that also ignites primers! And Johnny can't help me with that.

User Tag List