Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Today, based on what I know, there is no way I would rely on it for defense.
    A buddy installed one in his Previously reliable G19 Gen 5. The gun exhibited 3 light strikes in a 300 round session.

I’m trying to say this in the least snarky way… The Timney trigger seems like a significant departure from the Glock design, and I would rather choose a different gun entirely.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A buddy installed one in his Previously reliable G19 Gen 5. The gun exhibited 3 light strikes in a 300 round session.
    That is interesting, because the problems I am aware of have been the trigger failing to reset.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    That is interesting, because the problems I am aware of have been the trigger failing to reset.
    The ammo used was S&B 124 grain - Looking at the primer the three rounds that failed to fire were definitely light strikes compared to the other expended brass.

Today, based on what I know, there is no way I would rely on it for defense.
    Oh, certainly. The fact that it negates the use of a gadget eliminates that possibility, for me, on it's own. It is purely academic and because I won it in a karma here so I may as well give it a fair shake.

The changes to the trigger characteristics (lack of takeup and very short reset) relegate it to owb only and more than likely it will be pulled after a single session and moved along for someone else to do the same.

But I'm curious like a cat.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

An acquaintance has one of these in his G5 17. It runs fine until the gun gets dirty. Then he said he starts getting reset problems. This is his cue that it is time to clean the gun.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The ammo used was S&B 124 grain - Looking at the primer the three rounds that failed to fire were definitely light strikes compared to the other expended brass.
    Supposedly, a feature of this trigger is you can use as heavy a striker spring as you want without negatively impacting pull characteristics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The trigger bar could be out of spec if you can rule out ammo issues. Timney will send a new one for free.

My first timney has a few k through it with no issues. I had an issue at a match with it failing to reset that was caused by gummed up oil at the connector. I wiped it down and it was fine. I started using a little grease on there instead and I haven't had issues.

My 2nd timney was constant light strikes. Timney sent me another trigger bar and it seems to have fixed it. I believe the old trigger bar wasn't pushing the plunger safety far enough, or the striker was dragging on the bar. I can't tell the difference between the two bars

My 3rd timney had no issues

I saw a post on the gram with a Glock with several thousand rounds through it and the housing cracked and split in several places. That is definitely something I'll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m trying to say this in the least snarky way… The Timney trigger seems like a significant departure from the Glock design, and I would rather choose a different gun entirely.
    Yup. I don’t need a light trigger this badly.
    #RESIST

User Tag List