Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disassembly of a Safariland 7378RDS ALS?

Disassembly of a Safariland 7378RDS ALS?

So here's the problem: I have a Safariland 7378RDS ALS, for a Glock with a TLR-1HL. Because I have the "cantable" UBL plate already, and I needed one in a hurry, I bought one that was set up with the paddle and belt loops. I used it in a class with the belt loops, but now I want to mount it to the UBL plate for my tac gear.

Here is my problem. Two of the T-nuts are behind parts of the ALS system, and one protrudes out of the holster enough to interfere with using the UBL mounting holes. More importantly, one of the mounting holes for the UBL, is also behind the ALS system. So even if I used different T-nuts, or female side of Chicago screws, and was willing to shim out the new screws to account for the protruding on, I need to get the ALS system out of the way to remove to install a T-nut, for mounting to the UBL.

I can't seem to figure out how to remove/reinstall the ALS parts, and I'm hoping someone here knows how. The user guide on the Safariland site is no help, and I don't want to just willy-nilly start ripping things off, in case I screw something up, and ruin the holster.

Thanks in advance for any help.

. . . and I just realized I posted in the wrong forum. No idea how I fix that. Sorry.

Have you considered just using one or two T-spacers between the holster and UBL?

https://safariland.com/products/t-sp..._prod_products

Or am I not understanding the issue?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Have you considered just using one or two T-spacers between the holster and UBL?

https://safariland.com/products/t-sp..._prod_products

Or am I not understanding the issue?
    I considered that, but I also need to insert a T-nut behind the ALS. One of the three holes for the UBL is also blocked the ALS.

I'm sure there is some trick to it, but I'm leery of ruining the holster by guessing at it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I considered that, but I also need to insert a T-nut behind the ALS. One of the three holes for the UBL is also blocked the ALS.

I'm sure there is some trick to it, but I'm leery of ruining the holster by guessing at it.
    Take these 5 screws out and it opens up like a clam. Gives you the access you seek.

Name:  IMG_3576.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  73.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3576.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  73.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3577.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  65.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks, that helps a lot, but I'm having trouble removing this piece:

I tried pulling on the "three line" piece, as suggested in the reddit thread, where I got that photo, but I still can't seem to get it out. Hopefully, when I get it out, how to put it back will be obvious.

EDIT: I'm having trouble copying the photo. I'll try to find one that will work. Until then here's the link to the reddit discusssion: https://www.reddit.com/r/tacticalgea..._a_safariland/
    Last edited by DMF13; 12-10-2023 at 12:56 PM.

" I see" said the blind man. The 73xx series have both high and low mounting locations, and you are moving between them.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I guess I'll call Safariland tomorrow, and see what they can tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Thanks, that helps a lot, but I'm having trouble removing this piece:

I tried pulling on the "three line" piece, as suggested in the reddit thread, where I got that photo, but I still can't seem to get it out. Hopefully, when I get it out, how to put it back will be obvious.

EDIT: I'm having trouble copying the photo. I'll try to find one that will work. Until then here's the link to the reddit discusssion: https://www.reddit.com/r/tacticalgea..._a_safariland/
    Dug out another holster. This may help.

Name:  IMG_3579.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  45.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_3578.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  50.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_3580.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  48.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

@Lon thank you! That made it clear what needed to be done. Yes, now that its apart, it obvious, but without your help, I would have been banging my head against the wall.

Now I need to get some new, and better t-nuts, to finish. The one Safari land uses are pretty much a one time use. The process of pulling them out, and trying to reuse them, bent or broke the teeth.

So hopefully Home Depot or Lowes has some of the correct size in stock.

Again, thank you.

User Tag List