Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Timney enters Glock market

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Cool! Which connector? I'm curious with the Timney whether different connectors change the feel in a similar way as with a normal Glock mechanism. How's the reset compared to a standard Glock trigger?
    I have the dot connector in it and the reset feels a little softer than the stock one. My gen 5 definitely has a stronger reset.

With the trigger spring removed I'm thinking the stronger Striker spring might give it a better reset Maybe. Guys on here that understand Glocks better than I do might have a better idea how all that works.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    With the trigger spring removed I'm thinking the stronger Striker spring might give it a better reset Maybe. Guys on here that understand Glocks better than I do might have a better idea how all that works.
    On a standard Glock, the spring in the trigger housing is pulling the trigger rearward (or pushing it rearward, for Gen 5); the reset force comes from the striker spring. With the Timney though, the striker is caught by the sear, so the striker spring exerts no force on the trigger bar during reset; the reset force comes from the return spring (the torsion spring installed on the trigger shoe). A stronger return spring would increase the weight throughout the pull, but might improve the overall feel.

Does the distance of the reset seem any different from the stock trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    On a standard Glock, the spring in the trigger housing is pulling the trigger rearward (or pushing it rearward, for Gen 5); the reset force comes from the striker spring. With the Timney though, the striker is caught by the sear, so the striker spring exerts no force on the trigger bar during reset; the reset force comes from the return spring (the torsion spring installed on the trigger shoe). A stronger return spring would increase the weight throughout the pull, but might improve the overall feel.

Does the distance of the reset seem any different from the stock trigger?
    Great explanation, and the reset is shorter. I just got back from putting 100 rounds through it and it's a fun trigger. Timney got a winner on its hand I think. the trigger weight might be a little lighter now that's its broke in some. I'll check the weight on the trigger pull when I get home. The reset is good it's just a little bit different than what Glock used to feel like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Combines the best of Glock and VP.
    Well golly! A man can dream - I hope that this is the case.

Mine arrived today from Brownells. Took about 10 minutes to install, probably would have been quicker if I didn’t look at all the tiny pictures.

It’s in my G4 34 CO gun. Trigger was about 3.5 lbs before using a stock trigger spring, 4.5 lb striker and Zev v4 connector. I’m getting 2 1/4-2 1/2 now. I find the flat trigger harder to measure.

Break is smooth, maybe only one ‘wall’ instead of several. Reset is quick and short. No time to get to the range this week unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    As opposed to the thousand other aftermarket triggers already available?
    This is the first trigger from a well-known company to eliminate all of the pre-travel for the Glock. Other triggers have reduced the pre-travel, but this is the first one from an established well-known company that turns the pistol into a fully-tensioned striker design.

My trigger has not arrived yet, but I just hung up with somebody very knowledgeable about Glock products. He said the trigger was amazing and it appeared to keep all safety systems intact.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I put another hundred rounds through it today and it's feeling really good. With stock Springs in it it was about 2.8 pound trigger pull. I put a 6lb striker spring in it and it bump it up to 2.12 lb. I like the way the 2.12 feels I'll leave it in there. I do have a 6.5 lb Striker spring I can try later.

User Tag List