Thread: G47 locking lug finish flaked off

G47 locking lug finish flaked off

I was greasing my new (unfired) G47 to take to the range tomorrow and I noticed that the finish had flaked off the forward barrel lug. Is this something that would affect function, accuracy, or durability, or is it cosmetic only?

Name:  IMG_1242.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  48.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    I was greasing my new (unfired) G47 to take to the range tomorrow and I noticed that the finish had flaked off the forward barrel lug. Is this something that would affect function, accuracy, or durability, or is it cosmetic only?

Name:  IMG_1242.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  48.5 KB
    From the single pic, it appears to be cosmetic only - and should not be that way. I'd contact Glock CS, they might want to see the barrel (they'll likely ask for the whole pistol).
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Site Supporter
    If they do want it back make sure they pay for shipping.

Here are three of my 47 slides.

Name:  IMG_5843.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  62.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Impressed with Glock’s responsiveness—sent an e-mail on Sunday, had a reply this morning with the option to replace the barrel alone or to replace the entire pistol. I opted for a new gun. I just responded to the e-mail, waiting to find out the logistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Impressed with Glock’s responsiveness—sent an e-mail on Sunday, had a reply this morning with the option to replace the barrel alone or to replace the entire pistol. I opted for a new gun. I just responded to the e-mail, waiting to find out the logistics.
    Glock CS has been, for me, stellar (with a single exception). I'm glad to hear that they are staying the course.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

New pistol arrived on Sat. Dec. 16. I'm quite happy with the turnaround: I e-mailed Glock on Sun. 11/26, and wasn't able to get the gun dropped off until the evening of 12/4.

New gun looks good. It is a blue label model (as was the original), although not sure Glock does anything differently with the blue label lines the way other manufacturers do. The paperwork included in the case indicated that the old pistol had been destroyed. Slide-to-frame fit is tight with no appreciable wiggle, and trigger was the rolling break typical of Gen. 5 guns. I have already installed an Apex trigger kit, TangoDown mag release, and TD slide stop lever as I do with all my Glocks, and now I'm not-so-patiently awaiting a delayed Loctite delivery for BUIS installation, then mounting an Acro on a TD/FCD plate. Probably won't get to shoot it until after the holidays, unfortunately.

The barrel on the new pistol has a grey finish, while the finish on the old barrel was black, the same as the 6 other Gen. 5 guns I own. the new gun's serial number starts with CBKC, while the old gun was a CBBA.

Name:  47 - Copy.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  41.7 KB

User Tag List