Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
There's nothing uncommon about this.

When you spend most of your time practicing 2H shooting (which I think is a perfectly valid approach), your SH trigger manipulation is likely to become more refined than your WH trigger manipulation. Conversely, your SH is used to having help holding the gun while your WH is not so it's reasonable to see better stability in your WH hold.
Hmmm... That's logical. Does it make sense to actively work towards becoming more, or fully, ambidextrous while shooting though?

The more you practice SHO and WHO, the more they'll come into parity.
This already comprises half of my practice, both live & dry fire. Plus, I've been focusing almost exclusively on the DA pull.

(it's also worth noting that some people do in fact find they have better trigger manipulation skill with the WH... they get used to having a 2H grip as a crutch against poor trigger manipulation when shooting 2H and develop less than perfect technique and/or bad habits which then show up when they switch to SHO shooting)
I think I fall into this camp a bit. Bad trigger habits definitely existed with my current carry gun, an XD40 (don't laugh, I'm working on replacing it with my P30L ) but they are mainly gone since working so heavily with my DA/SA pistol. But that DA pull really does expose my shortcomings. :P

On second thought, I guess it's unfair to ask someone else if I should train to be fully ambidextrous, as it's a very personal thing dependent upon many factors. I was just looking for info as to whether this could be detrimental considering my current level of proficiency.

Thanks for the feedback Todd.