Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon DI night sights

I can tell which way to put on my t-shirts from the telltale holes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What rear sight do they come with — hopefully one that is more rounded than an HD.
    The M&P version looks like it is more rounded off, I did not look at the Glock versions. If you scroll down on the link you posted and select the brand of pistol then the available style/model compatibility there is more pics of different angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

These look like a game changer for defensive/duty sights.

The front sight is even wider (.160) than the regular HD (.144). The rear sight opening is the same as the HD (.169).

I like the concept, but until they narrow those specs (both front and rear) and give me the choice of a plain black rear, I'm going to pass.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

How different is this from the TRUEGLO TFO/TFX sights? I don't remember much about the TRUEGLOs, but I have a vague feeling that they weren't seen as being very good options for whatever reason.

I’ll hold off until I see the sight picture on a G19 and G26 held at arm’s length. That front sight is thiccc.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I was about get in line until I saw that front sight width. I think a .125 is the largest front sight width I'd want.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For me, the hex recess would be sub optimal with monovision.

But, they will probably sell quite well..
    Do you mean monovision glasses or monocular vision? (I have the latter, hence the question.) Either way, why would the hex recess be an issue? I'm just trying to understand that.

They probably need the wider sight to facilitate the screw in color insert. It loos like the top of a Torx head screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    How different is this from the TRUEGLO TFO/TFX sights? I don't remember much about the TRUEGLOs, but I have a vague feeling that they weren't seen as being very good options for whatever reason.
    I think the quality of early TRUGLOs was poor, while the newer TFX/TFX PRO ones were holding up okay. Being able to replace the fiber optic insert in the Trijicons is a big advantage both for maintenance and customization, and since the fiber optic is exposed on all sides I would expect it to gather more light than the TFX. The Trijicon rear also doesn't have the unnecessary fiber optics of the TRUGLOs. Somewhere around here I think I've got a set of TFX PROs I was going to try on my PPS, I'll have to dig them up and compare with the Trijicons when they arrive.

Edit: Dug up the thread that led me to buy a set of TFX PROs for my PPS. Maybe @JodyH could swing by with an update if he's still using them?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    They probably need the wider sight to facilitate the screw in color insert. It loos like the top of a Torx head screw.
    Yep, the retainer replacement packs contain a T10 key.
    Last edited by EricM; 01-21-2021 at 02:20 PM.

User Tag List