Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Frankford F10 progressive press

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    The two "easy button" answers for this question are Dillon 650/750 and Hornady LNL AP. The Dillon options are generally regarded as being better, but both systems have advantages, and I've been happy with my Hornady. Fully outfitted with case and bullet feeders, either will run you about $1K, not counting components or any other tools you may need. (Chronograph, scale, small tools, etc.) YMMV, of course, and I sincerely doubt you'd have any major regrets about just buying a Dillon and using it.

In the case of either machine, if you don't want to drop $1K in one shot, the case and bullet feeders are add-ons anyway, and you can definitely start without one or both of them to save money short term.
    The Hornady is easy to work sans case feeder and if you plan on routinely loading more than one cartridge it probably isn't needed.

The Dillon can also be used without the case feeder but the machine really isn't made to run without it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The Hornady is easy to work sans case feeder and if you plan on routinely loading more than one cartridge it probably isn't needed.
    Agreed. I run mine with a Mini Mr. Bulletfeeder and no case feeder. Even before I had the bullet feeder, it wasn't bad to run - every cycle it was just pick up a case and a bullet with my left hand, place them, and run the handle. Now with the bullet feeder, there's only one thing for my left hand to do, so I pick up cases by the handful, and only have to make small movements with my left hand to place them, which has definitely smoothed out (and therefore sped up) the process. It's not a need, but it's definitely very nice to have. I certainly wouldn't mind upgrading to also having a case feeder, but I'm pretty comfortable with my current process and my current rate of production, so I probably won't bother any time soon.

The Dillon can also be used without the case feeder but the machine really isn't made to run without it.

The DAA Mr Bullet mini bullet feeder and case feeder is a lower cost manual option.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mini-xl650-case-feeder

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/mini-mr-bulletfeeder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I saw. I'm not impressed, but maybe I'm just not in the target demo. I get that ten stations and on-press swaging might be awesome for somebody that's loading thousands of rounds of 223 for an AR, but I'm not. All I can see is that it's $1k-$1.2k for a B-list brand name with a huge 180-degree lever throw.

OK, it has "features." Does it have quality? The previous New Kid on the Deluxe Progressive Block did a lot of beta testing on paying customers, I haven't been following and don't know if they are over it yet. We don't need a replay of that.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Latest update from SHOT 2022.

I’d be a whole lot happier with the LnL AP if Hornady would make the bushings with wider flanges and flats for a wrench so they could be tightened/loosened independent of the die lock ring. Usually the only way to remove the bushing is to turn the die. Unless everything’s uber-tight, the die or lock ring slips and, boof, adjustment is lost.

The other side of the coin is adjusting dies. Loosen the lock ring, and the bushing comes loose first, making depth adjustment trial and error.

The Dillon with its tool head is looking better all the time.

No doubt it is an import. I'll be surprised if it isn't.

I am wondering when Hornady is going to announce a Lock N Load Progressive Pro Master Deluxe Supreme or whatever. I think they need to release a press with at least 6 die stations and an updated primer system.

+1 on the primer system.

And something better than those damned bushings.

Site Supporter
    Some have used Loctite to convert the bushings to permanent status and then proceed to used traditional lock rings. Dies are removed and reinstalled "that other way" to use an old girlfriend's expression.

User Tag List