Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I ordered a G20 appendix holster which should be coming sometime soon. The Alien should fit in that holster with minimal heat forming. I like red dots so it'd be Open minor... still waiting on extended base pads for magazines, though.

If magazine capacity laws come into play and we are all limited to 10-15 rounds, then I would absolutely run it.
    Looking forward to seeing your report on running it in Limited or Open. Those top 2011’s are incredible pistols though. It’s always more the shooter than it is the gun of course.

All things being equal, I think the 2011’s have the clear edge though. While the bore axis is much higher, they get back on point so well anyway.

With the downward-swinging hammer, extremely low bore axis, non-reciprocating sights, and barrel fixed to the frame, that Alien reminds me of the FWB AW93 and IZH-35M .22LR Olympic-style target pistols. The Alien may well turn out to be equally accurate...and for a 9mm, high-capacity sporting pistol, that would be mighty welcome indeed!
    Hej på dej!

Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Next match. Limited minor. Some ̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ here does that with a Glock from appendix, and we still don't think he's crazy. Not too bad, at least @Mr White
    Ask him about the house music SIRT dance party before Area 1 2015, and let me know what you think.

But more seriously, I’m really looking forward to seeing the Alien in action. I hope it’s as awesome as I want it to be.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-20-2021 at 11:23 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your report on running it in Limited or Open. Those top 2011’s are incredible pistols though. It’s always more the shooter than it is the gun of course.

All things being equal, I think the 2011’s have the clear edge though. While the bore axis is much higher, they get back on point so well anyway.
    The direct comparison will be hard simply because of major - minor scoring differences and the degree of aggression that major affords. You two get big props for buying these and contributing to the first 500 units selling out. I think that amount is sufficient to get this gun into carry optics. 1500 more are needed for Production. If Lancer brings more of those, hopefully in a regular package without extras, I might get one just to help pushing it forward.

After IPSC ruling that optic cannot be mounted on the rail, and I expect USPSA follow that too, I started to hope for a compact carry version of it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    The direct comparison will be hard simply because of major - minor scoring differences and the degree of aggression that major affords. You two get big props for buying these and contributing to the first 500 units selling out. I think that amount is sufficient to get this gun into carry optics. 1500 more are needed for Production. If Lancer brings more of those, hopefully in a regular package without extras, I might get one just to help pushing it forward.

After IPSC ruling that optic cannot be mounted on the rail, and I expect USPSA follow that too, I started to hope for a compact carry version of it.
    I think you have too much hope for USPSA leadership. my guess is they will allow it as is.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

People are already flipping them on Gunbroker for $8500-11,000...

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    I think you have too much hope for USPSA leadership. my guess is they will allow it as is.
    If they did, I would consider getting one and running it against my Shadows. I think innovation should be rewarded. The CO rules do say, though, that optic cannot be attached to frame in any way so I don't think Troy can OK it even if he wanted to.
    And then there's a whole another question if it is a SAO gun...
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    People are already flipping them on Gunbroker for $8500-11,000...
    Its a cool pistol but not 11k cool. To each his own I suppose.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Very cool gun. Does it heat up like a P7?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List