Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Local 2 gun match this weekend (PCC/pistol) had a competitor shooting a Tavor PCC and Alien with optic. He had one mag he was trying out a home modified M&P 140mm extension, but it wasn't entirely reliable. Another local/regional guy uses one pretty successfully in 3-gun/Limited with factory mags.

I can't remember what (if any) starting point Luago used, but I'm guessing it wasn't a clean sheet design. Hopefully someone can figure out an easily adaptable extension.
    How did the Tavor PCC do?!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    How did the Tavor PCC do?!
    He seemed to have no issues with it. Looked like it used either Colt or Uzi pattern mags?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

He seemed to have no issues with it. Looked like it used either Colt or Uzi pattern mags?
    I was kind of wondering performance wise how it fared. After spending time with an MCX/MPX, the rear heaviness makes for sluggish mounting and dismounting.

I was kind of wondering performance wise how it fared. After spending time with an MCX/MPX, the rear heaviness makes for sluggish mounting and dismounting.
    It didn't seem to be a hindrance compared to how he does in 3 gun with a MCX, but he's usually mid-pack or slightly better and equipment doesn't appear to be the limiting factor. I'll try to pay closer attention if/when he brings it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    It has become a bit quiet here about the Alien. How successfully is it used in dynamic sport shooting competitions in the US? Or any interesting news about it to share?

Why I ask: I've started efforts to get another pistol license as a sport shooter (here in Germany). The Alien and an Infinity 2011 (like this one) are my top acquisition candidates. This will probably be the last pistol for which I can get a license without selling one of the pistols I already own (what I don't want to do). Saved money for some time and would like to buy a great pistol for dynamic sport shooting.
    Given your circumstances, the Infinity hands down. The Infinity is a fantastic pistol, and a known entity. The Alien is still a bit unknown. Also, if certain facets of the Infinity isn’t to your liking, there is a ton of both factory and aftermarket upgrades available.

@JCN

Local guy who's been doing development work with/for Laugo within the 3G realm showed up to a match with functioning 140mm extensions. He started with TF M&P45 extensions, slightly modified to fit.

The interesting part is he (allegedly) has a relationship with Laugo and claims they are making him prototype 140mm mags by laser welding mag bodies together with the end goal of having native 140mm tubes, which would be available through normal distribution channels. I tend to believe him, as although he's an interesting personality, he is deeply involved on the technical side- he claims to be the one who did the prototype work for the LOK brass grips for the Alien, plus I know he was doing EDM work on the gas port to make the Alien run his preferred handload.

@JCN

Local guy who's been doing development work with/for Laugo within the 3G realm showed up to a match with functioning 140mm extensions. He started with TF M&P45 extensions, slightly modified to fit.

The interesting part is he (allegedly) has a relationship with Laugo and claims they are making him prototype 140mm mags by laser welding mag bodies together with the end goal of having native 140mm tubes, which would be available through normal distribution channels. I tend to believe him, as although he's an interesting personality, he is deeply involved on the technical side- he claims to be the one who did the prototype work for the LOK brass grips for the Alien, plus I know he was doing EDM work on the gas port to make the Alien run his preferred handload.
    Thanks for that update! If they did 140 tubes and then extension to make 170 that would be amazing!

I have the Casa Puentos compensator and would goof off with it in Open using Everglades 9 major if there were appropriate magazines!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Given your circumstances, the Infinity hands down. The Infinity is a fantastic pistol, and a known entity. The Alien is still a bit unknown. Also, if certain facets of the Infinity isn’t to your liking, there is a ton of both factory and aftermarket upgrades available.

Are upgrades for a Texas gun readily available in Germany?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Are upgrades for a Texas gun readily available in Germany?
    Quite close to where I live in Germany, there's a great SVI importer (I suppose, he is the biggest SVI importer in Europe). And he's regularly at the shooting club/range where I train. Infinity pistols are very well regarded among the shooters in our club including some of the best IPSC shooters in Germany. Insofar I'm lucky. Some of my buddies already have one (and I can rent one from the range for little money).

Aftemarket upgrades are available, but I don't know how many compared to Texas.

But it takes about 1.5 years until the Infinity pistol according to your specs/wishes arrives here from the US. And they are extremely expensive (price includes customs duties & 19% German VAT, the importer wants to make some profit and Dollar/Euro ratio is high at the time). Even more expensive than the Alien.
    Last edited by P30; 07-07-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks for that update! If they did 140 tubes and then extension to make 170 that would be amazing!

I have the Casa Puentos compensator and would goof off with it in Open using Everglades 9 major if there were appropriate magazines!

Aliens are much too rich for my blood, but I'm academically curious if it would self compensate for 9 Major loads given the gas pressure is supplying the delaying action. What I have learned from that guy is that the gas porting is not easily altered- apparently the port is in an area that is basically inaccessible other than through the bore and the barrel is press fit into the frame (trunion?).

User Tag List