Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

P30;

What’s the price difference between the Alien and Infinity in Germany? The recent collapse of the Euro makes the Infinity a tough choice. A year ago the pistol would have been 20% cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    What’s the price difference between the Alien and Infinity in Germany?
    Alien:
    - pistol: 3950 € or 4390 € // cf. rothe-waffen.de, waffen-centrale.de
    - set (with red dot, holster etc.): about 5600 €

Infinity: // cf. svi-flass.de
    - price depends on the customer's wishes
    - "starts at 4800 €" (don't know if this is still up-to-date)
    - can reach 5 digits

BTW: Picture in new colors:

(Source: 3gsports.de)
    Last edited by P30; 07-07-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Are upgrades for a Texas gun readily available in Germany?
    Sorry, i am not sure. A 2011 probably shares 75% compatibility with a 1911, though not sure if that would matter in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Aliens are much too rich for my blood, but I'm academically curious if it would self compensate for 9 Major loads given the gas pressure is supplying the delaying action. What I have learned from that guy is that the gas porting is not easily altered- apparently the port is in an area that is basically inaccessible other than through the bore and the barrel is press fit into the frame (trunion?).
    I’ve never shot 9 major out of it but you’re tempting me in the name of SCIENCE!

I might do a back to back ammo minor and major with impressions and slow motion video.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Alien:
    - pistol: 3950 € or 4390 € // cf. rothe-waffen.de, waffen-centrale.de
    - set (with red dot, holster etc.): about 5600 €

Infinity: // cf. svi-flass.de
    - price depends on the customer's wishes
    - "starts at 4800 €" (don't know if this is still up-to-date)
    - can reach 5 digits

BTW: Picture in new colors:

(Source: 3gsports.de)
    It sounds like you decided on the Infinity, but for 1000 euros less I’d get an Alien.

I don’t have an Infinity, but I do have an STI Eagle, and $5000 is a lot for the Cadillac version of the same gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a STI Eagle, too, and have shot an older SVI, very good shooters. They have been refining the guns since, but the only operational change I see is the iron butt in the present trend to heavy pistols. Variations on that theme are USPSA standards.

I have not even seen an Alien in person and while it is technologically interesting, I would not buy a $5000 pig in a poke.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

OP here

Its been a while since I posted in this thread. I have since sold my Signature model since they were bringing so much money.

I'm not an optics guy, so the Performance model is more my style. I've got a standard model with the green grip and an all black model...

I think the black model looks the best. I love the way they shoot and if Laugo ever offers an all sliver model, I'd grab one. That would be hard chrome on the steel and just a natural brushed aluminum.

Unfortuinately, prices have gone up about $1000 across the model line with the latest batch.

I love this gun, or at least want to. I have yet to handle or shoot one.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Definitely a great experience

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    After seeing them run in several recent matches, no thanks. One locked up solid. The owner has to keep it meticulously clean or it gives him issues. If you reload, and are not great at QC, man I would not bother. Factory ammo may be a different story. I have not shot one though, so perhaps the shooting experience outweighs the fussiness (not convinced).
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List