Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Pretty good for a boutique product.

JCN is very analytical and I am sure we will get a report on Regular vs American Laugos.
    I hope he likes it and shoots it a lot.
    There are high volume shooters who think nothing of paying $5000 or more but the gun must be durable, reliable, and effective. If it won't hang with, say, a Nemesis, it isn't interesting.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Jim,
    I personally don’t see the Aliens as major competitors to the top 2011 pistols, but rather a unique design with unique shooting characteristics. Atlas 2011’s are tough to beat as pure shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Actually got word mine is shipping now
    Tuesday arrival for mine, estimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Pretty good for a boutique product.

JCN is very analytical and I am sure we will get a report on Regular vs American Laugos.
    I hope he likes it and shoots it a lot.
    There are high volume shooters who think nothing of paying $5000 or more but the gun must be durable, reliable, and effective. If it won't hang with, say, a Nemesis, it isn't interesting.
    Thanks! I agree. There's enough European IPSC shooters with them that there's been some experience with them and durability.

I'm not running them in competition until there's enough support equipment to keep them running (and there's not good 140mm competition extensions yet).

So I'll have three of the Aliens just so I'll have spare parts and practice equipment.

Laugo USA just got a stock of replacement parts so I ordered some small parts like extractors and slide stops, recoil springs and gas piston assemblies so I can tune equipment without worrying about going too far.

It'll probably still be a couple years before I'd dedicate time to the platform, but it has some really attractive shooting dynamics.

I normally shoot Syntech that's coated, it isn't really good with gas piston guns though... shavings of polymer clog the gas system.

So I'd have to switch ammo as well.

I normally shoot Syntech that's coated, it isn't really good with gas piston guns though... shavings of polymer clog the gas system.
    I shoot coated reloads, which has discouraged me from having my No 2 IDPA ESP ported.
    Once upon a time I shot some cast bullets in a P7. The gas cylinder was not badly leaded but enough to let me know to stick to jacketed.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Angle is perfect

Name:  IMG_4276.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  101.0 KB

Grip angle is perfectly CZ to me. At least with irons. With swap to dot and see what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Tuesday arrival for mine, estimated.

Thanks! I agree. There's enough European IPSC shooters with them that there's been some experience with them and durability.

I'm not running them in competition until there's enough support equipment to keep them running (and there's not good 140mm competition extensions yet).

So I'll have three of the Aliens just so I'll have spare parts and practice equipment.

Laugo USA just got a stock of replacement parts so I ordered some small parts like extractors and slide stops, recoil springs and gas piston assemblies so I can tune equipment without worrying about going too far.

It'll probably still be a couple years before I'd dedicate time to the platform, but it has some really attractive shooting dynamics.

So I'd have to switch ammo as well.
    I am only interested in this pistol for it's uniqueness but I laugh and salute you for owning 3 of these

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I am only interested in this pistol for it's uniqueness but I laugh and salute you for owning 3 of these
    They’re pretty cool guns

As soon as I pick up my Creator, I’ll have three myself

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Name:  IMG_4276.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  101.0 KB

Grip angle is perfectly CZ to me. At least with irons. With swap to dot and see what it does.
    Looks great

I assume you prefer the grip angle over the standard Alien?

Looks great

I assume you prefer the grip angle over the standard Alien?
    I do, but mainly because I compete with CZs.

If I were a mainly Glock shooter, the original Alien grip angle is closer to that.

They’re pretty cool guns

As soon as I pick up my Creator, I’ll have three myself
    I salute you too.

This gun doesn't have a purpose for me but I love the idea and oddity lol

User Tag List