Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato C2 vs Glock? Talk me into or out of one.

Staccato C2 vs Glock? Talk me into or out of one.

So Ive been somewhat of a Glock fanboi for a few years and love them. Ive had many other guns. Sigs, CZs, 1911 etc. But always seem to gravitate back to a Glock with grip work and a dot. However in the last couple of years my wife had bought me both a LTT Beretta and a Staccato P DPO. And they are both awesome. I recently sold my beloved and tricked out G19x to a friend. And am on the hunt for another gun.

Im torn to say the least. On one hand I want to just do a Glock MOS, send it to my frame work guy and slap and dot on it and go. But then I look at my Staccato. Its so nice and shoots so good. But the steel frame P is a little bit of a chunk to carry all of the time. And before anyone mentions it. Im not a small gun guy. So not interested in G43s or P365s .

But the C2 DPO has been sitting in my cart ready to purchase for a couple of days now. And I just cant make up my mind. I do know that there are many serious shooter on this forum and that a lot of you have gone in and out of multiple platforms over the years. So Id like opinions from this forum. What to do?

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Do it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The heart wants what the heart wants.

Do it.
    Lol … Staccato??

Site Supporter
    If you think you’re going to keep going in/out of platforms, I’d say the Glock. And I’m a 1911 guy. That way you will have one of each and have a ready model to pick up when you’re ready to switch. Maybe relegate the Staccato to range only duty. Or, trade the P in for the C? If you think you’re going to be a 2011 guy for long enough, go the C2 route and budget for a used 19?

I wanted the best of both/ all worlds, so I got a 5in 1911 for range, and for what I would pay for a carry 1911, I got a 19 MOS, and a 4in SW M&P with a thumb safety and RMR as a poor man’s 2011. Those for the carry role.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    If you think you’re going to keep going in/out of platforms, I’d say the Glock. And I’m a 1911 guy. That way you will have one of each and have a ready model to pick up when you’re ready to switch. Maybe relegate the Staccato to range only duty. Or, trade the P in for the C? If you think you’re going to be a 2011 guy for long enough, go the C2 route and budget for a used 19?

I wanted the best of both/ all worlds, so I got a 5in 1911 for range, and for what I would pay for a carry 1911, I got a 19 MOS, and a 4in SW M&P with a thumb safety and RMR as a poor man’s 2011. Those for the carry role.
    Well the P was a wedding gift. So probably have to keep it lol. But yeah I think either Way Ill end up with another Glock at some point. I just think the C2 is an almost perfect carry gun.

There’s also the newer CS.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    There’s also the newer CS.
    Yea I looked at that one too. Was between those two. Think I’d prefer the C2. But not 100% yet.

Site Supporter
    I love me some Stacatto but eventually:

Name:  FB5260E2-AE1F-461D-9A1F-6163EB4B9760.jpeg
Views: 1738
Size:  34.6 KB

I feel the answer is $$$$.

I am a dinosaur still packing a single stack .45 with irons on duty. We issue Glock, there is two CZ P10s and I think 4 Staccatos roughly 120 officer dept.

Everyone says go Staccato but put the calculator to work... its more than I want to do.

We are getting a new chief and if that person walks in the door saying no single action 1911/2011 for duty carry..... I will likely go with my LTT.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I love me some Stacatto but eventually:

Name:  FB5260E2-AE1F-461D-9A1F-6163EB4B9760.jpeg
Views: 1738
Size:  34.6 KB
    lol that’s funny

User Tag List