Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Although most serious Shadow owners have 2 or 3 or 4 copies... if there was a clear advantage then I could see someone forgoing 4 Shadows to get one Alien.

I don't think that peeps who are serious enough to keep several Shadows would be OK to trade that for one unit of anything. Having multiple copies shows an unwillingness to leave a match or interrupt training because your one precious broke something, especially if you're investing time and money to travel for matches. I think most serious competitors won't trade a confidence that backup guns offer for marginal performance gains.

I am not arguing that Alien is not a cool gun, and I am sure it is fun to shoot. My point is that, between price point, game rules, and available calibers, it will remain the nichest of niche guns.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTacTravis View Post

Limited seems pretty popular still and the price points of an Atlas don't seem to keep them out of that division.
    I would argue that Limited is experiencing a different trend. The price of its guns is driven by tradition and belief that 5K custom 2011 is the only competitive piece of gear. That has been very successfully challenged in recent years, with polymer guns, Tanfos, and TSOs supportung highest levels of performance.

The most prevalent 2011 brand on the Nats Limited gear survey was STI. I think it is quite obvious why. Personally I think that market share of 6K gaming guns is going to be only shrinking.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't think that peeps who are serious enough to keep several Shadows would be OK to trade that for one unit of anything. Having multiple copies shows an unwillingness to leave a match or interrupt training because your one precious broke something, especially if you're investing time and money to travel for matches. I think most serious competitors won't trade a confidence that backup guns offer for marginal performance gains.

I am not arguing that Alien is not a cool gun, and I am sure it is fun to shoot. My point is that, between price point, game rules, and available calibers, it will remain the nichest of niche guns.

I would argue that Limited is experiencing a different trend. The price of its guns is driven by tradition and belief that 5K custom 2011 is the only competitive piece of gear. That has been very successfully challenged in recent years, with polymer guns, Tanfos, and TSOs supportung highest levels of performance.

The most prevalent 2011 brand on the Nats Limited gear survey was STI. I think it is quite obvious why. Personally I think that market share of 6K gaming guns is going to be only shrinking.
    Well sh!t, when you put it that way I've got to agree with you. Good points. Well put. I concede (not joking).
    Powered by Moderna

Probably supply will be the limiting factor. If the Alien gets the buzz that it’s far superior (even if it’s not), then there will probably be people like the Atlas buyers that will just amortize their investments over longer periods of time.

While nobody would love to stay with just one competition gun, I could see some hero or zero types opt for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    That would be a reasonable price to a match shooter if he thought it would be the best available Production gun. (It is IPSC Production but not USPSA.)

Speaking of which, Bac, I know you are not a competition shooter but you know enough of us you should have informed opinions...
    What Gun On The Rug do you think is the most effective for action shooting, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA?
    I really like the CZC A01-LD

Stripped down version no dot for $4k available through Lancer now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Stripped down version no dot for $4k available through Lancer now.
    The Signature Edition was $1k more and was a numbered limited edition with an extra mag, a magwell, a holster, a second topstrap with red dot....what else? Oh yeah, an engraved signature on the frame and a bigger also-signed hardcase. I'd been thinking that if this new 'Performance Edition' was $3k I'd buy one. I think I'll use the $$ for other things at $4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    The Signature Edition was $1k more and was a numbered limited edition with an extra mag, a magwell, a holster, a second topstrap with red dot....what else? Oh yeah, an engraved signature on the frame and a bigger also-signed hardcase. I'd been thinking that if this new 'Performance Edition' was $3k I'd buy one. I think I'll use the $$ for other things at $4k.
    But you could have bought the Signature Edition at $5k and sold it for $9k and had a free Performance edition.

I own a Signature Edition but it’s sitting until 170mm mags come out.

Anyone sells standalone optic top rails?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Anyone sells standalone optic top rails?
    Yes. The retro rail had the slide mounted dot that might be legal for CO.

So the frame dot might not have any utility for someone trying to run CO and they’d be better off getting a non railed and then buying a retro dot setup.

I personally have a bizarre thought of getting GM in CO and then just running my Alien with 170mm round magazines in open minor as a kind of CO without as many magazine changes.

User Tag List