Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

ForgottenWeapons does a takeapart/mechanical explanation today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbGCL3iRm2Y

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    ForgottenWeapons does a takeapart/mechanical explanation today:

Fixed it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Ian's thoughts on suitable ammunition are interesting.
    NRA had a similar observation on the P7. The first P7 American Rifleman got to try out would not function with Bullseye powder reloads but was fine with Unique to the same velocity.
    Accurate Powder used to caution that anything less than a top load with fast burning AA2 might not work in "European 9mms."
    Ed Harris once wrote that European pistols - he was trying Barsto barrels with different chamber throats in a BHP - were set up for powder charges in the 5 to 7 grain range, not the hot fast powders that max out around 4 grains.

Just how many Laugos are out there? They made 500 of the signature model, now are offering Full Kit ($5000) and Performance ($4000) models.
    By way of comparison, in 2019, the last year BATF shows data for, Ed Brown made 1070 pistols, SVI made 417, and Atlas 504. Atlas is widely touted, no doubt they are making them faster now, but they have gained a good reputation for a small operation.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    I ended up getting my hands on one of the Signature Series. After seeing the prices they were going for, I sold it unfired at auction and made the single largest percentage profit on anything I've ever sold or invested in. Pretty sure it was the highest an Alien ever sold for on that site also; it was a low S/N and I had good pictures and description. I bought two Full Kits with the profits and still had thousands left over....and the cycle repeats itself. I can't walk away from that amount of potential profit. One day I hope I can justify actually owning and *keeping* a gun like that whose value skyrockets overnight. It's like a drug in some way. People were paying $7500 for the Full Kits on GB when they could have just as easily paid $5k for the same thing which was still in stock from Lancer. Of course, Lancer's out of stock on the Full Kits now, so auction sites are your only option. And they're insane.

On the one hand, I do understand the level of must-have-itness that these guns engender, as they are true works of art and as close to mechanical perfection as any device I've handled. But on the other hand, I can't make myself keep or even fire one when doing so would cost me thousands in lost $$$. I never even racked the slides or dropped the mags on these last two, they've just stayed locked in the safe.

With the profits from these, maybe I'll finally be able to justify buying and keeping a Full Kit for myself if and when more are imported.

This handgun looks amazing. Too bad the price is insane. Maybe other manufacturers will come out with a similar design at a lower price point.

Auction fever described by Welder aside, the Laugo is not particularly expensive in its market niche.
    Atlas is selling $5000+ guns as fast as they can turn them out, and they are not alone in the field.

Personally, I'd rather have the Atlas/Infinity/EMG/whatever, since those are actually optimized for the competitions they're designed for, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get parts in five years. Oh, and I can get extended mags right now.

I'd love to see someone who actually knows how to shoot pistols well take the Alien for a spin, but I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have the Atlas/Infinity/EMG/whatever, since those are actually optimized for the competitions they're designed for, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get parts in five years. Oh, and I can get extended mags right now.

I'd love to see someone who actually knows how to shoot pistols well take the Alien for a spin, but I won't hold my breath.
    A German IPSC Champion shoots an Alien pistol:
    Christian Rohoff (IPSC Production Grandmaster), currently #80 @ ipscrating.com.
    Last edited by P30; 12-17-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    A German IPSC Champion shoots an Alien pistol:
    It kind of depends on which side of the Atlantic you are on.
    I see posts from European shooters hurting for parts and service on American guns.
    And I bet if you manage to break or wear out an Alien here, you will have trouble getting it fixed.

And he should be a frequent shooter with a lot of matches and practice to build up a round count. Take 50,000 rounds and call back.

I saw mention somewhere of IPSC shooters scabbing on compensators to shoot Open Major.

User Tag List