Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Laugo Arms Alien Pistol...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    It kind of depends on which side of the Atlantic you are on.
    I see posts from European shooters hurting for parts and service on American guns.
    And I bet if you manage to break or wear out an Alien here, you will have trouble getting it fixed.

And he should be a frequent shooter with a lot of matches and practice to build up a round count. Take 50,000 rounds and call back.

I saw mention somewhere of IPSC shooters scabbing on compensators to shoot Open Major.
    Fair point, re: side of the ocean. IPSC rules mean the lack of 140mm magazines isn't a problem in Prod optics. Do they actually have the 170mm mags for open over there?
    Being in America, it doesn't really help me though.

And sure. Ideal: Good shooter, ~50k with the gun. Maybe a "Year in review". Something where you've shot it for a while, tell us how it holds up, what someone can do with it once they get to know it.

I would settle for a regular review after some practice sessions by a good shooter. While I am dreaming, I would also like to see people compare it to other guns in its price range.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    A German IPSC Champion shoots an Alien pistol:
    Christian Rohoff (IPSC Production Grandmaster), currently #80 @ ipscrating.com.
    Nice of them to sponsor someone. Are there videos of him shooting it somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    A German IPSC Champion shoots an Alien pistol:
    Christian Rohoff (IPSC Production Grandmaster), currently #80 @ ipscrating.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    Nice of them to sponsor someone. Are there videos of him shooting it somewhere?
    Sorry, I confused the name: His name is Stefan Rohoff. His YT channel is currently empty. On his website, he writes that he is in the US for training now (as far as I remember, he is a soldier or police officer). I could not find a video showing him "in action". If I find one, I'll post it here.

There is a promotional video with him for the Alien. But mainly a German gunvlogger is shooting the Alien, not Stefan. Stefan trains him a bit in the video. The video is in German, probably not very useful for you. But I like it. The gunvlogger is US citizen (as far as I remember, his father was with the US military in Germany).

PS:
    I've found a bit "Stefan in action" in the promotional video. It starts at 14:42.
    Last edited by P30; 12-17-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    I would settle for a regular review after some practice sessions by a good shooter. While I am dreaming, I would also like to see people compare it to other guns in its price range.

Name:  17FE3766-3BE6-4C42-A685-61FA7B0F557A.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  65.9 KB

Heheh. Mine is #48 of the Signature.

I was going to compare it to the P32 before I realized you said “in its price range.”

especially after Gun Jesus's review, I really want one. problem is the disposable income needed to buy one would pay for a LOT of upcoming repairs around the house. *sigh*
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    especially after Gun Jesus's review, I really want one. problem is the disposable income needed to buy one would pay for a LOT of upcoming repairs around the house. *sigh*
    It's a pretty safe bet that if a person were so inclined, they could buy three Full Kits if and when they come back in stock at Lancer again, get all your $$ back by selling two on GB, and the 3rd would literally be free. I have no idea why people were paying $7500 for them on GB when they were in stock at Lancer for $5k, but they were. Regularly and without fail.

My signature was #10 and it sold for a little over $18k. I'm telling y'all, these guns are a drug. I love them but I can't justify keeping one when people are throwing ridiculous $$ at them like this. I work harder than most for my money, and I don't feel bad making a profit from my brain rather than my back every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    It's a pretty safe bet that if a person were so inclined, they could buy three Full Kits if and when they come back in stock at Lancer again, get all your $$ back by selling two on GB, and the 3rd would literally be free. I have no idea why people were paying $7500 for them on GB when they were in stock at Lancer for $5k, but they were. Regularly and without fail.

My signature was #10 and it sold for a little over $18k. I'm telling y'all, these guns are a drug. I love them but I can't justify keeping one when people are throwing ridiculous $$ at them like this. I work harder than most for my money, and I don't feel bad making a profit from my brain rather than my back every now and then.
    yea but with my luck they'll discover some fatal flaw in them right after my 3 are delivered and paid for, much like the Caracal F. there goes all my cashola as the company folds overnight.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    yea but with my luck they'll discover some fatal flaw in them right after my 3 are delivered and paid for, much like the Caracal F. there goes all my cashola as the company folds overnight.
    What was up with the Caracal?

I got to run a few rounds through a buddy’s Alien. Really nice gun that lives up to the hype. We hooked up a Mantis and the muzzle flip is measurably flatter than a Glock or P320 Legion with the same ammo. The owner took the Alien apart and we cleaned it at the range. I didn’t see anything to suggest there’s a “fatal flaw” in terms of abnormal metal wear etc. it actually looks/feels like a pretty robust design. The Laugo was 100% reliable for the approx 200rds we shot but the owner did mention that it seems to feed round nose better than hollow point.

I’d want one… but not $4,000 bad.

Maybe they can make it more affordable to the poors like me that would be interested in something in the under $1,500 range. Traditional frame, with some type of common grips.

User Tag List