Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more light reading: 2021 gun wish list

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Beretta 1301 Tactical.

I can normally afford one gun a year. If I can manage more than one, I'd like a J frame. Probably a 637. If I could find the factory bobbed "Wyatt Deep Cover" that'd be even cooler. I've needed a small gun for awhile. All the handguns I own right now are full size.
    I've been carrying a circa 1980 Model 36 for 8 months now. Yes, you do need a short tube J frame or equivalent. Even the all-steel ones disappear from your notice after a while.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 01-20-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

A S&W Shield 2.0 with a manual safety that actually works. So the safety from the full size M&Ps that Smith already has and could add tomorrow. If I’m being really picky I want the 4” barrel version.

It’s a solution that my wife and at least one other family member would benefit from, and now I want one. It just needs to exist. Alternatively, a Shield EZ with a subcompact grip could accomplish the same thing.

Glock 32 gen 5, so I have something worthy of my blue label coupon for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Are you left handed?
    I am until my right wrist heals up....

Currently playing with G19.5 and Dremel cut a notch in a G23 aftermarket slide so it works on the Gen5 frame with left handed controls.

Name:  D9A95FF2-ECD8-4904-80BE-E77A887373D6.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  55.1 KB
    Last edited by JCN; 01-20-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Large frame Gen5s
    .357 Gen5s
    A rethink of the G30 and G36 range
    I’m beginning to understand the desire for a G43 length G43x style magazine - maybe 8 round
    Wider use of 3” barrels in the LCR and LCRx range
    S&W 9mm and 45 ACP revolvers with 547 style extraction and no moon clips
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    In lieu of a 6shot LCR, I’d take an AIWB holster for the Kimber k6s.
    https://www.cooksholsters.com/patrio...-band-holster/
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

-Ruger to bring back the Wiley Clapp GP100's to regular production, I've got mine but they are just about perfect for many of the people I talk with looking to get into revolvers.

-Springfield Armory to make a 9mm RDS cut Full size 1911, Honestly just like the RMR equipped MC Operator they make now, I know it's a big ask for a reliable RDS 9mm 1911, but the heart wants what it wants.

-FN/ Browning High Powers back into production, RDS variants, Perhaps a rail, No mag safety, SFS system would be a cool feature as well. Personally I like to think that a well built modernized Hi Power could give a 2011 a run for the money.

-Beretta to make a 84FS sized gun in 9x 19, with dovetailed sights.

-S&W- No lock 3 in barreled model 66's would sell themselves, just make them already.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    -Ruger to bring back the Wiley Clapp GP100's to regular production, I've got mine but they are just about perfect for many of the people I talk with looking to get into revolvers.
    Amen - wish I had gotten one when they were more widely available!

My realistic wishlist: more dots on the glocks I already own.

Site Supporter
    Cheap, readily available .22LR, 5.56 and 9mm, and/or primers. Lots of primers.

A 5.5” Ruger Flattop in .45 Colt, and about 200 pieces of brass, and a set of dies and some primers.

I could have a lot of fun with that for a long time.

I have bigger financial fish to fry, in FY 2021 and FY 2022, than buying more firearms, and, especially, should avoid adding more long guns, as I already need to add another safe, to hold the ones we have, now, but, OK, I’ll play along, with a couple of things that I doubt will happen:

1. Gen5 Glocks WITHOUT the ambidextrous slide stop, because I am a lefty, and the “left-hand” part of the slide stop, on the right side of the weapon, gets annoyingly in my way, so, worse than useless. As a lefty, I want the right side of an auto-pistol to be slick, unless it is a 1911, in which case a thumb safety lever, for the left thumb is, of course, a good idea. I know, yes, one can grind-away the offending tab, but “perfection” would be the ability to opt for “ambidextrous parts deletion.”

2. Tikka T3x Canadian/Arctic Ranger, left-hand action. I have told myself, “Enough, already; no more rifles, in 2021/2022,” but, I will make an enthusiastic exception for a left-hand T3x Canadian/Arctic Ranger.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List