Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: We need more light reading: 2021 gun wish list

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Kittens... That reminds me that I need to resurrect the "Gold Beretta" thread and make that a reality...

Hmmm... I should probably do that with my 92G, but it is a favorite (total sleeper gun)... I may have to acquire a new LTT Elite and do that...
    You should. It occurs to me that I have a few extra 92 slides, and that I could send one off for a quick TiN gold finish job.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Dang it. I was feeling all superior rocking a G17, thinking how you really don’t need anything more, when Les had to pull me back in.

Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I’d like to see a Rock River offer their poly 1911 in .38 super with a commander slide.

ETA: and a rail.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

2021 is the year of the Gen4 30s. " I feel it, so it's true™ "
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

This year I'm finally buying America's handgun.

I'm trying to get a Colt M45A1 right now. Already ordered two holsters, a double mag carrier, dedicated Surefire X300-B, and 10 extra mags for it. After that, I'll be putting some random assorted guns up for sale/trade, and will likely take the Springfield MC Operator, or even the Kimber Desert Warrior or Kimber Warrior SOC in trade. There might be others I could have passing interest in, but as of right now I'm just interested in these because of their use (or potential use/evaluation) by the USMC. There's just something fun about them.

I'm not buying these for serious use but rather just for fun, so I'm okay with the Series 1 Kimber if someone is trying to offload one to free up space for a more serious use gun in their own safe.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I want to get back to my roots but the panic has buggered pricing and availability for me. You'd think bolt-action shotguns would not be a hot item but prices have jumped.

I'd like a couple variants of classic models both repeating and single-shot. A Kessler or H&R Gamester with its concealed tubular magazine for me to cut down to about 19" in barrel with an adjustable choke mounted would be great. Ape the old Marlin Swamp Gun (a model 55 variant and one of the coolest bolts ever made) with a fixed magazine to keep things getting lost to a mountain bog but dame limited capscity to keep weight down vs. five-shot tubes. It would be a great beater to open for partridge or slugs, close for squirrel and thunder chicken, compromise for hare, and adjust on the fly for the opportunistic chance at a crow.

I know the bolt-action scattergun is an abomination to most but I can't stop loving the old utilitarian paupers' repeaters. To quote John Malloy, "no one seems to have liked then except people" and "The year is 1975 and the scene is a cano gun rack amid the Florida palmetto growth. The writer and his young co.panions felt well-armed with a 22 revolver, three 22 rifles and three bolt-action shotguns." Given he appears to have been a Floridian, I will forgive the lack of Oxford comma.

Intend to try avoiding 12 gauge and focus on 16, 20, and 410 bore. Speaking of 410, the Stevens model 51 single-shot 410 with automatic safety would be a way cool loaner. Unique stuff like that is part of the draw to have a neat collection of forgotten beaters.

Your own Private Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you're going to flee the US - go someplace with better (or at least similar) gunlaws and a similar Freedom Index - https://www.cato.org/human-freedom-index-new

Uruguay
    Estonia
    Czech Republic

Switzerland is a bit freer, but the gunlaws are more restrictive than here and citizenship is more difficult to attain.

Uruguay and Estonia top my list if I were to decide to leave the United States for some reason. My colleagues in Canada seem to enjoy a nice life, but it's clear gun ownership is under attack there, sorry @Maple Syrup Actual (how often does an American apologize to a Canadian?).

Probably better for a sidebar conversation, but maybe just take over your own small place like "Lost River" Idaho. Of course people would have to be prepared for the fact that there are no jobs, or industry. The biggest town in the county (the county is pretty large) barely has 1,000 people in it, and that is the largest town in the county. Winters are COLD. In fact one of the tiny towns in the county often is recorded as having the coldest temps in the lower 48.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/idah...s-on-earth-id/

In the article it talks about being 50 below zero one time.

But other than those minor issues, it is a great place to live, and everyone LOVES the pictures!

Now there are some places in Wyoming that I know of that sound pretty darn nice! Milder winter temperatures, and it is not a literal 7.5 hour round trip to a Costco for a once a month grocery run. Once you get off the high desert, there are few places in the West as nice as Wyoming. Not a lot of people, good real estate prices and outstanding hunting and fishing. Plus there are a lot fewer Californians in Wyoming than anywhere else like Idaho or Utah or Montana!

AND we can all meet @LittleLebowski s place! If it was good enough for Chris Ledoux, Its good enough for me!

That might be a GREAT place to move to and get the right people elected to county government, Sheriff, etc.

I'll play...

1. LTT Centurion RDO Carry Bevel is ordered and should be here any day. Hoping it becomes my "everything" gun.
    2. Almost finished with a 8.25-inch 300BLK SBR... waiting for a handful of parts to become available from V7 and it will be ready to assemble.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    get the right people elected to county government, Sheriff, etc.
    Several of my neighbors and I have this fantasy about incorporating our own town here in the rural road we live on, establishing our own police dept., etc. Of course every officer picks their own sidearm, but the issue side arm for all officers and auxilliary's will be a Glock 18, and each patrol car will feature a full auto M16 and full auto MP5 in the rack. City will get ahead of many other ammo buyers by being a certified LE agency, weekly practice will be mandated for all full time and auxilliary officers. Maybe we elect Lost River as sheriff in that ID place and he deputizes us all?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This year I'm finally buying America's handgun.

I'm trying to get a Colt M45A1 right now. Already ordered two holsters, a double mag carrier, dedicated Surefire X300-B, and 10 extra mags for it. After that, I'll be putting some random assorted guns up for sale/trade, and will likely take the Springfield MC Operator, or even the Kimber Desert Warrior or Kimber Warrior SOC in trade. There might be others I could have passing interest in, but as of right now I'm just interested in these because of their use (or potential use/evaluation) by the USMC. There's just something fun about them.

I'm not buying these for serious use but rather just for fun, so I'm okay with the Series 1 Kimber if someone is trying to offload one to free up space for a more serious use gun in their own safe.
    The decommissioned M45A1s have skyrocketed in price. I wish I had bpughtone when I had the chance. They're up to like $4K to $7K now I think. I haven't seen a decom warrior for sale anywhere in a long time. Ditto for the STI 5.0s. I seem to remember both being really expensive.

User Tag List