Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need more light reading: 2021 gun wish list

We need more light reading: 2021 gun wish list

Y’all know the drill. I’ll keep my entry simple; in 2021, I’d like:

Glock 42X—or whatever the 48 equivalent of a G42 would be called. Honestly though, a G42X would be a 10+1 hosing machine.

That damn 6-shot, scaled-up “smedium frame” LCR with the 3” tube that we keep bringing up around here.

A scaled-down Savage impulse action in .22LR and .22mag. I bet a straight pull, tack-driving .22LR would be a real hoot.

The return of the Ruger Red Label.

How about you?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    My Taurus 856 to work, if I ever get to shoot it.

An LCR or SP101 bobbed hammer 6 shot .38.

A .380 or 9mm G42x or G43x version of the CZ P-07.

An excellent manual safety for Gen 5 Glocks.

Affordable ammo.

More diet soda and authentic Mexican food.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Y’all know the drill. I’ll keep my entry simple; in 2021, I’d like:

Glock 42X—or whatever the 48 equivalent of a G42 would be called. Honestly though, a G42X would be a 10+1 hosing machine.

That damn 6-shot, scaled-up “smedium frame” LCR with the 3” tube that we keep bringing up around here.

A scaled-down Savage impulse action in .22LR and .22mag. I bet a straight pull, tack-driving .22LR would be a real hoot.

The return of the Ruger Red Label.

How about you?

What’s the red label?

I had two G42s that did not work for me, might have been my grip. Maybe the 42x would be just enough bigger to work better. It’s a concept I too have thought of.

Site Supporter
    Springfield Armory to expand on their "1911" EMP line with a "hi-cap" option of at least 15 rounds with a dependable common 9mm doublestack mag to compete with Wilson and Staccato - focused on carry not competition.

Tikka to offer a factory "Bravo" version - Tikka T3X Varmint barreled action, 26 inch heavy barrel, threaded 5/8x24, in KRG Bravo stock-chassis in 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm Creedmoor, 6mm GT, 6mm ARC, 224 Valkyrie (1-6.5), 223 Wylde (1-7) and, yes, 308 for the old folks.

An RMRCC on my Hipower
    A CZ 550 FS in 6.5 Swede with some fancy irons
    A Ruger Single 7 .327 mag 4.62"
    A Beretta 1301 tac with fancy glass
    An old Colt SP1
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What’s the red label?

I had two G42s that did not work for me, might have been my grip. Maybe the 42x would be just enough bigger to work better. It’s a concept I too have thought of.
    The Ruger Red Label was Ruger's over and under shotgun that was made for many years in several gauges. A 28ga with the straight stock is on my list to acquire; they're wonderfully balanced little shotguns. Ruger also made a side-by-side called the Gold Label which was well made but not as popular as the Red Label. I haven't seen one locally in years.

As for what I would like to see in 2021? I would like to see an emphasis on quality control by the major manufacturers, as well as adding optics capability to existing pistols where possible.

Ammo
    Walther Q5 Match Pro SF, which I just bought with part of my Christmas bonus.
    A medium frame wheel gun.

Several years back I messed up and missed an opportunity to buy a Beretta Lever gun with a straight stock in .357/.38. It was a really nice gun but I was saving up for a SCAR 16 at the time. So Beretta needs to bring back some Lever Action Goodness.

S & W to bring back the model 65 Ladysmith 3" as a "classic" model

Totally with you on the Savage Impulse in .22lr @Totem Polar

Also, CZ deciding to try a straight pull rifle, maybe a stalking type with a schnabel fore-end

Mauser bringing the Model 18 WaldJagd to the US market

A .32NAA conversion barrel for the S & W Shield-EZ, because I can't seem to repress my inner hipster
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

An excellent manual safety for Gen 5 Glocks.
    Yes, please!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List