Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Streamlight Wedge - A Stiletto replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've carried a Sidekick on my Keychain for several years. I've never seen one with a factory pocket clip.
    Its a $10.00 at Surefire and I just saw it multiple places online when I grabbed this link.
    https://www.surefire.com/products/pa...ellaneous/z87/

ETA I dont have one and have never used one. I saw some negative reviews and positive reviews.
    Last edited by UNK; 04-10-2021 at 09:08 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

A Sidekick with pressure on only switch and a more focused beam would be great.

I do have the pocket clip. It is a clever addition, but still puts a lot of stress on the key chain attachment. I have had them fail there.

I remember when the sidekick came out. I had one in my shopping cart almost immediately, and then thought “let me go look for some videos on this thing” and was shocked at the size of it. People talk about putting this on their keys and all I can think is “maybe my wife’s keys, she has a purse to carry this crap. There’s no way I’d add that thing to my pocket”.

I mean, the very fact that there’s a pocket clip available for it tells me that it’s no keychain light.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I mean, the very fact that there’s a pocket clip available for it tells me that it’s no keychain light.
    Yeah I carried one for a few months on my car key chain and it was like having two fobs. Replaced it with a streamlight microstream usb with a zip-tie/keyring setup. The microstream having the tail switch is just easier to use as well rather than pushing on the side of the Sidekick hoping you have the side with the button.
    The Wedge looks interesting but I echo the comments about needing a tail switch.
    Adam

Figured I would post here. Coworker said these were on sale locally and bought 2, this was last year. I traded him an STI magazine for a black Wedge.

So far, it has been great. I love the switch, it turns green for a few seconds when you turn it on. So it's a quick preflight to check, red means it needs to be charged. USB C charging means I can charge anywhere, but really only charge maybe once every 3 months for shits.

Of course it's a big light and I switched to a smaller EDC knife. Stopped using clips due to scratching cars in our garage.

At some point the battery will wear down, so maybe this thing will suck in a few years. Going forward, I want to buy lights with external USB and/or status lights.

User Tag List