Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight Wedge - A Stiletto replacement?

I’m constantly amazed that flashlight companies can’t just get with the program and put at least one switch on the butt. If they want to do other fancy shit too, that’s fine, but you gotta have a switch on the butt. It’s just what everyone is used to.

But I might still grab one of these anyway.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Interesting option, but the lack of a tail switch is a shortcoming. Probably slated for the tactical version in the works.

I’ll probably buy one...

I'll give up a tail switch for a task light for daylight hours, backed up by a real flashlight for nighttime. But it should have a solid butt for thwacking things (I've definitely driven hundreds of small nails and tacks with a Emerson CQC7 pocket knife).

It also looks like the charging port is going to be very exposed to gunk/moisture, situated as it is. Maybe I'm just extra cynical today.

Bump: anyone get one of these and play with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Bump: anyone get one of these and play with it?
    Looks like they are still on pre-order? I kinda really want one myself.

https://lapolicegear.com/st-wedge-sl...lashlight.html

https://www.brownells.com/emergency-...rod141081.aspx
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    If they wanted this thing to be ubiquitous, they could have kept the switch they put on it and add a tail switch in addition.

While we're at it, given that charging ports aren't standardized, a couple of different port types or Qi wireless charging could have also been useful.

I'm gonna hold off, but I do like the direction they're starting to go in.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    While we're at it, given that charging ports aren't standardized, a couple of different port types or Qi wireless charging could have also been useful.
    that would be pretty badass actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post

While we're at it, given that charging ports aren't standardized, a couple of different port types or Qi wireless charging could have also been useful..
    Multiple port types would radically complicate the light. Wireless charging would be hard to do above a couple of watts because of the limit on coil size so would be unusably slow.

I can’t imagine what would be better than USB C.

Just looked a SF website to see what they have to compete in the edc category. Sidekick with pocket clip is $39 and it has 300 output plus a more usable low end of 60 and 5 but the micro usb.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Just looked a SF website to see what they have to compete in the edc category. Sidekick with pocket clip is $39 and it has 300 output plus a more usable low end of 60 and 5 but the micro usb.
    I've carried a Sidekick on my Keychain for several years. I've never seen one with a factory pocket clip.

User Tag List