Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TaurusTX 22

TaurusTX 22

https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22
    https://www.nrawomen.com/content/new...tition-pistol/

Seems pretty cool. Cheaper and more svelte than the KelTec CP33, and optics ready unlike the M&P 22 or Glock 44.

Site Supporter
    It has a Beretta 92 look with an open slide design.
    I read on another forum that they will be selling the top end so existing customers can build this as well.

Not to mention that it’s a 16 round magazine that +5 basepads are available for.

Seems like a good low cost training alternative for action pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    https://www.taurususa.com/pistols/taurustx-22
    https://www.nrawomen.com/content/new...tition-pistol/

Seems pretty cool. Cheaper and more svelte than the KelTec CP33, and optics ready unlike the M&P 22 or Glock 44.
    We have a father/2 teenage daughter clan that are SC GM's w/ 1 or 2 of these due in shortly for T&E, looking forward to their feedback.

Site Supporter
    I've been able to tickle a standard model.

I actually want one. And it takes a lot to impress me with a handgun these days.

I'll go sit in the corner now.

Site Supporter
    Not gonna lie...I kind of want one.

Anyone have any first hand experience yet?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post

I've got an optic one on order, and have an iron sight one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post

Not with the production ones, but with a preproduction/engineering models just over a year ago (I was working with Taurus at the time). The ones I shot ran like wood chippers and they were a blast to shoot, you could burn through a couple hundred rounds in no time. At minimum, I'll be getting a conversion kit for one of my TX22s if not getting a full up competition model. I don't remember the stoppage percentages, but they were looooooowwwww (and I wasn't taking it easy on them). Compared to other .22s I had tested reliability on, it was at the top of the heap.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    It has a Beretta 92 look with an open slide design.
    I read on another forum that they will be selling the top end so existing customers can build this as well.
    The open slide came into play to keep the slide weight the same as the standard 4" TX22. Adding the dot to the standard slide would have negatively affected the reliability of the gun (especially with all the different MRDS weights and variability in .22LR ammunition between subsonic, standard velocity, high velocity, etc.). The only thing to watch out for is that if you run it wet and/or suppressed you can dirty up an the optic fairly quickly. And, yes, conversion kits for the TX22s on the market were planned to be a thing from the get go.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    We have a father/2 teenage daughter clan that are SC GM's w/ 1 or 2 of these due in shortly for T&E, looking forward to their feedback.
    Did they ever T&E any? A friend is looking at one so I'm digging around for good info.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Did they ever T&E any? A friend is looking at one so I'm digging around for good info.
    Never got that feedback as both daughters are now @ college and the parents moved out west as well.

User Tag List