Thread: Arming Elbonia (the modern version)

Arming Elbonia (the modern version)

One of the more interesting Forgotten Weapons episodes was a view request on what Ian would do if he was a officer procuring small arms for the nation of Elbonia post WWII- with the added catch that he was a secret agent meant to sabotage that nation's armed forces.

Everything had to be at least outwardly plausible, so no notably unreliable weapons like the Chauchat LMG.

Anyway, it would be interesting to do a modern version of the same sabotage challenge, but using modern weapons. Elbonia needs the following:
    -Sidearm
    -PDW
    -Standard infantry rifle or carbine
    -Designated Marksman rifle
    -SAW
    -LMG
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

L85A1?

How do you even select a "bad" service pistol these days? The vast majority of modern pistols are objectively good. Supply them with pre-fix Sig P320s and hope they drop them?

I think if you look at it as a total package, at least part of the recipe for "success" would be making sure none of the calibers match in order to give them the biggest logistical challenge you can.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    How do you even select a "bad" service pistol these days? The vast majority of modern pistols are objectively good. Supply them with pre-fix Sig P320s and hope they drop them?

I think if you look at it as a total package, at least part of the recipe for "success" would be making sure none of the calibers match in order to give them the biggest logistical challenge you can.
    Ian's trick was that, plus over powered cartridges and full auto capability where it did the least good.

Say, Glocks 23 converted to full auto and no stock for a side arm, and 10mm H&K MP5k as PDW, also no stock.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    10mm H&K MP5k as PDW, also no stock.
    Full auto 10mm AR pistols with folding stock adapters in order to maximize the opportunity for human error.

My list:
    -Sidearm: full auto Glock 23 in .40 with no stock issued
    -PDW: H&K MP5k in 10mm, no stock issued
    -Standard infantry rifle or carbine: H&K G3 with a short 12" barrel and collapsing stock
    -Designated Marksman rifle: I'm temeted to go with a scoped M1A varient, using the stock stocks and cheap aftermarket scope mount, in 6.5cm
    -SAW/ LMG: I don't know enough to venture one

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    One of the more interesting Forgotten Weapons episodes was a view request on what Ian would do if he was a officer procuring small arms for the nation of Elbonia post WWII- with the added catch that he was a secret agent meant to sabotage that nation's armed forces.

Everything had to be at least outwardly plausible, so no notably unreliable weapons like the Chauchat LMG.

Anyway, it would be interesting to do a modern version of the same sabotage challenge, but using modern weapons. Elbonia needs the following:
    -Sidearm
    -PDW
    -Standard infantry rifle or carbine
    -Designated Marksman rifle
    -SAW
    -LMG
    Gen 3 Glock 23
    Honey Badger
    AR in 6.8SPC
    AR in 6.5 Grendel
    5.56 M249 Saw but "forget" to buy linked ammo and make them use M16 mags instead
    The oldest version of the M60 I could get with the fewest updates.

I was originally going to pick a 10mm SMG for the PDW in the hopes .40 would get confused with 10mm but then I figured adding another platform using AR mags in a different caliber would probably cause more problems. So that's why I choose the Honey Badger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List