Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mershon grips

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I'm not sure. I got this M66 from Sherman House and it was already fixed up that way. I will reach out to him and see if he knows.

BTW, the sight setup on this gun is the perfect one for any fighting revolver. If I could, I would replicate on every revolver I have.
    Im a huge fan of c&s rear u notch as well. I had to widen mine a tad to center the poi which also allows a littls more light which I prefer.
    Name:  20201110_151300~2.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  38.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Brother Kelley,

You must tell us more about both of those magnificent revolvers! What is the one to the right? Who did the front sight improvement work on the pre-21?
    The 44spl. on the left was a pawn shop purchase my Dad made sometime in the late 60's and
    was gifted to me (after a range work session to see if it should be gifted) in 1974.
    That is revolver is how it was when I got it; barrel shortened and front sight block sweated on and
    left without blue.

A 1917 SW is on the right. I picked this up a month ago at a LGS as you see it. I do not know
    who did the work, but it is "period correct" in taste and execution.

I shot a quick and dirty Out of the Box to match video with it here...
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Cecil, I will bring my big Tupperware tubs of grips to class next weekend. Mark Frike and Chuck Haggard helped me get them sorted a couple of months ago.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    Pachmayr bought Mershon back in the late 60's to early 70's time frame. That was how they got the Presentation grip and their grip adapters.
    I was thinking that Presentation grips looked very similar to that first picture of the Mershons.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    One of those things was some of the gear used back in the day. In one of the books the author talks very highly about Mershon No. 10 grips. While I had read the same info before, this time it resonated more with me (most likely because of the live fire I have been putting in with my own wheelguns) and on a lark I went online to see if there were any available, and amazingly enough - considering that these grips have not been made in over 45 years, I found a good set on Ebay for $17!
    Back in the mom & pop/brick & mortar gun/fishing store days, they'd generally have a sale once a year when all the old unsold stuff would get trotted out; if it was marked down low enough, it would sell. If not, it would get trotted out again next year (repeat as necessary). Franzite grips in the faux stag plaastic were probably seen in the biggest numbers, but Mershons were there too. The Rogers and early Hogue grips were apparently too new or too few for me to recall.

I am continually amazed at some of the stuff that shows up on Ebay in a factory box, when I know damned well it shipped from the factory before my mom and dad got their first color television set.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Im a huge fan of c&s rear u notch as well. I had to widen mine a tad to center the poi which also allows a littls more light which I prefer.
    Name:  20201110_151300~2.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  38.5 KB
    Mine aren’t a u-notch. It’s a typical right angle one. Name:  612D7318-39EF-4981-A3A3-0E29C022272C.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  22.0 KB
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

What is the difference between the Mershons and the Presentations?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    What is the difference between the Mershons and the Presentations?
    The pachmayrs are made of rubber-like material, and the Mershons are plastic with a "squishy" feel to them and have a more solid, hard feel. Also, the Mershons seem to be a bit rounder in circumference.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List