Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I thought our hobby included shooting.....

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    When I was slinging lead yesterday (precision rifle with JV_, see my precision rifle money pit thread); JV_ pointed out that I need to go down a grain or so on my load and find the next lower accurate node to extend both brass and barrel life whilst saving powder. #HesRightYouKnow
    Don't make fucking sense.

I LIKE 21-grains of SBR-Socom under a 110 in .300BO.

Now, I gotta go back down? Yes, I know...at 18, I'm accurate 'enough', and I'm saving 3-grains of powder per load...which for every 6-rounds is another round to load instead of loading at 21. But I like 21!!!

Shit balls.

___

I also, like everyone else, need more primers. I have a few thousand, but I need like...uhh...three pallets of small rifles or small pistol magnums along with a pallet of SBR-Socom, a pallet of Cleanshot, a pallet of 110-grain Speer TNTs and a pallet of 230-grain ball of any type...

If anyone can send those my way, I'd be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Right, I'm not thinking about making a business, just wondering if it would be legal to sell a little bit of ammo to fellow competitors at roughly my cost if it would help in terms of actually getting to have a match. If it require an 06 FFL to do that, then it's a complete non-starter.

As far as how much I shoot goes, I'm in that weird place between real competitive shooters and "normal" people - I'm usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5000 rounds of 9mm/year, which looks like "not enough" to real competitive shooters and "crazy gun nut" to people not in the know.

I sincerely hope you're wrong about licensing, taxing, and limits on components, but I'm also not about to bet against you. I'm sure that financial attacks of that sort are on the way.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/pers...d-manufacturer So it says, "for livelihood and profit", but no, if you reload for personal use. Even if I knew there was case law saying it was OK, I wouldn't do it for liability reasons. The guy you sell cheap ammo to probably won't be forgiving when he's in the ER.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Bought some 6mm Creedmoor ammo today and am shopping for a rifle/can/optic now. Low volume shooting is the name of the game for me for the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/pers...d-manufacturer So it says, "for livelihood and profit", but no, if you reload for personal use. Even if I knew there was case law saying it was OK, I wouldn't do it for liability reasons. The guy you sell cheap ammo to probably won't be forgiving when he's in the ER.
    Yes, as already mentioned in this thread, I really should have phrased that question something along the lines of "presuming I'm OK with accepting the risk of potential liability..."

User Tag List