Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven days ago on my back property

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Much more clever than the comment I had.
    Much more credit than I deserve...but thanks all the same.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    This was in November just outside a 7-11 parking lot, urban Milwaukee

Attachment 66389

ETA: I have coyote "close encounters" a couple times a year while walking my dog.
    Urban 'Yotes are the number one predator of Canadian Geese 'round these parts.

Since those honking, biting, pecking, space hogging, slime shitting, sons of bitches are protected from being murdered by me, I welcome the urban coyote that enjoys an ample meal courtesy of eating a Canada Goose or twelve.

Only downside is - how do I get wild-caught goose down to use as an insulator for my leather jacket (made from the horsehide of some crazy lonely woman's beloved former pet)?

I personally, like riding motorcycles while wearing horsehide jackets, seems appropo. If I wanted something with a mind of its own for transportation, I'd get a dog sled.

Signed,

-Rob - Who doesn't like Canadian Geese or horses very much and finds hobby farmers to be only marginally less annoying than PETA Activists.

"contiguous"

Fucking spell check...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Since those honking, biting, pecking, space hogging, slime shitting, sons of bitches are protected from being murdered by me, I welcome the urban coyote that enjoys an ample meal courtesy of eating a Canada Goose or twelve.

Only downside is - how do I get wild-caught goose down to use as an insulator for my leather jacket (made from the horsehide of some crazy lonely woman's beloved former pet)?

I personally, like riding motorcycles while wearing horsehide jackets, seems appropo. If I wanted something with a mind of its own for transportation, I'd get a dog sled.

Signed,

-Rob - Who doesn't like Canadian Geese or horses very much and finds hobby farmers to be only marginally less annoying than PETA Activists.
    I also hate Canuckistani geese.
    #RESIST

I’ve seen multiple coyotes in the downtown area just cruising around working nights. They’re all over but people just don’t usually see them.

I live in the county on the eastern outskirts of the valley. There’s coyotes everywhere out here. There’s a pack out here that comes and goes. I think they move around in a circular pattern. Some nights I might hear a couple howling. Other nights there’s a coyote concert going on and neighborhood dogs barking back. Some nights I’ll see five or six coyotes in the street and front yard. I’ve got three big dogs in the backyard so I think that keeps them away from the house.

If they’re stopped on the side of a street I’ll stop and yell “KI YO TEE” at them. They look at you like you’re crazy
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    We have coyotes on the other side of the back fence, roaming about 20 acres of undeveloped land and from there out into suburbia. They like to howl back at the FD and EMS vehicles making runs with sirens going. Never had one in the yard that I saw, but have seen them occasionally in the streets, and along our usual walking trail. Helped a guy chase one off that was stalking his small dog. We have seen bobcats in the yard and driveway several times. And it's Owl season, which is very cool.

The only unsettling thing about having coyotes for neighbors is the occasional celebration when they score a big kill. Makes the hair on my arms stand up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

We hear them howling and yelping, see them in the yard and when out for walks.

When my kiddo was a baby and we would walk with the stroller I made sure I had something very easy access in case a yote thought my kid looked tasty.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Our geese are like our french...if we could close the border after they head south for the winter, we would.

I'm sorry (obviously) but we have to act in our own self interest here.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Coyotes are all over the place.

Some years we have a lot of pressure from them. A few can do a number on calves.
    And I can assure those who have not witnessed it . . . . . you don't want to. I've seen them take a calf from a cow's uterus before the calf hit the ground. They are just being coyotes of course.

Kind of like Democrats . . . . as long as you know what they are, you shouldn't be surprised. But you don't have to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

After seeing a neighbor's GSD take off at full furry missile speed after a goose once, I can easily believe that a sneakier, hungrier animal like a coyote would be quite successful, and like you, I would wish them much success in that particular endeavor.

User Tag List