Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Ok so I finally have feedback. My dad and I managed to pull off one last end of season hunt yesterday. I ran the Silynx plugs the whole time. We took 11 quail and saw probably twice that, so it was a good test run for them.

The only con is that wind noise can be pretty loud, but honestly I knew that going in and it just goes with the territory. On medium or high mode it was manageable, especially since if I really needed to listen for something I could turn my head a bit and at least one ear would be out of the wind.

Other than that, they worked great. Not as good as my natural hearing, but again that wasn’t my expectation. They were plenty good for what really I needed - being able to track the dog by hearing his bell, hearing the beeper so I could know he was on point and locate him, and most importantly, hearing quail that flushed out of my line of sight well enough to have time to turn, see them, and shoot them.

For now, these are the solution for hunting, and will work perfectly for regular range use and classes (with or without non active muffs overtop depending on indoor vs. outdoor and the guns being used). I’m especially going to appreciate having active ear pro I can use for shooting clays that don’t interfere with a shotgun cheek weld. On really windy hunting days, and maybe any day out in big sky country whenever I can hunt there again, I may need to ditch them due to wind noise, but if I’m wearing ear pro for most of my hunting I’m not going to sweat the occasional day without them. Still beats the hell out of never using them, which is where I was prior to now.

Also thanks @JCN for the hookup.
How are these for outdoor target practice? I shoot 9mm in volume in my “back yard” and would
like an in ear solution.