Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You won't believe what broke on my Glunk!

You won't believe what broke on my Glunk!

I know for a fact. I have a good friend that has worked there for a long time. It takes 13 seconds to mill them. They have never been mim and are not today.

This rumour has mostly propagated by the aftermarket manufacturers to sell their parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have had the tip of the striker break off. I run a $uarez NP3 striker now. Because I wanted NP3, not because I lack confidence in the OEM striker.

Like @Lost River all the parts I swap out have the OEM parts residing in a plastic organizer so I have spares and can quickly go back to OEM. I just got a screaming deal on a Supermatch NP3 slide, so now my parts kit includes a G17 Gen4 MOS slide assembly, assembled. Or it will as soon as I order my lower 1/4 cowitness FO sights from Dawson.

A more interesting break I repaired this year was on a 2 pin Gen 2 G19. Gun was a working gun for almost 30 years, no armorer maintenance, tens of thousands of rounds. A couple of Pat Rogers agency contract pistol courses. Anyway, the Chief during quals was getting repetitive "clicks" instead of bangs on the line, so I deadlined his gun. The extension on the top of the trigger bar had worn down to the point that it was't able to consistently lift the striker block up high enough to allow the striker to fall.

Rebuilt the side assembly in 20 minutes, as the moving parts were pretty battered. Replaced the triggerbar, and for good feelings, the pins and trigger housing.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I have had the tip of the striker break off. I run a $uarez NP3 striker now. Because I wanted NP3, not because I lack confidence in the OEM striker.

Like @Lost River all the parts I swap out have the OEM parts residing in a plastic organizer so I have spares and can quickly go back to OEM. I just got a screaming deal on a Supermatch NP3 slide, so now my parts kit includes a G17 Gen4 MOS slide assembly, assembled. Or it will as soon as I order my lower 1/4 cowitness FO sights from Dawson.

A more interesting break I repaired this year was on a 2 pin Gen 2 G19. Gun was a working gun for almost 30 years, no armorer maintenance, tens of thousands of rounds. A couple of Pat Rogers agency contract pistol courses. Anyway, the Chief during quals was getting repetitive "clicks" instead of bangs on the line, so I deadlined his gun. The extension on the top of the trigger bar had worn down to the point that it was't able to consistently lift the striker block up high enough to allow the striker to fall.

Rebuilt the side assembly in 20 minutes, as the moving parts were pretty battered. Replaced the triggerbar, and for good feelings, the pins and trigger housing.

pat
    My Gen2 G19 (12/88) went back to Glock in 2017 after I found a crack / chip at the mag well. They replaced the frame with a Gen3 under warranty, (only option available through them), and updated internals while there. I guess it should be good through 2046.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I go with the Overwatch Precision striker just to avoid this possibility. It's milled, not MIM, but otherwise identical to the OEM striker... No lightening cuts, holes, or other nonsense that could create a breakage or compromise safety.
    (I learned my lesson with a milled and lightened striker from a well known source that broke at the striker's tail... As in the whole fucking tail snapped off. I'm sure they would have replaced it for free but I wasn't interested in another one, having lost all faith in the product)
    Right. I've got a couple L2D strikers in mine, and they work fine, as they should. But so did the OEM's I had before. They do look cooler though, if you ever wanted to take it out and look at it.

All else being equal, I'd still bet on 1000 random milled strikers lasting longer than 1000 random mim strikers.

User Tag List