Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 .380 being announced

Sounds like the potential for an excellent pistol. I prefer 9mm, but usually thats for the superior platforms vs. straight blowback which are typical .380s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sounds like the potential for an excellent pistol. I prefer 9mm, but usually thats for the superior platforms vs. straight blowback which are typical .380s.
    Wouldn’t a blow back 365 recoil more than a 9mm 365?

Maybe the 365 in .380 is designed for countries where 9mm is considered a military cartridge and outlawed?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Maybe the 365 in .380 is designed for countries where 9mm is considered a military cartridge and outlawed?

A G25 is softer shooting than a G19 so maybe it will be easier shooting too.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Yes exactly. Blowbacks typically have a felt recoil pulse substantially greater than locked/tilt or locked rotating breeches. I am assuming the .380 version of the 365 is locked breech as well.

The only recent blowback .380 on the market was RIA Baby Rock. And before that Grand Power ROXOR. Well, Walther made repro PPK/S in the U.S, too. Everything else has a locked breech all the way back into 2000s: KelTec P-3AT, Ruger LCP/LCP II, clones of Mustang (P238, 911), S&W 380EZ, SCCY CPX-3, etc etc. If we aren't looking at PPK, nobody makes blowback .380 anymore, unless they are a very minor manufacturer in a small country nobody heard about.

I have a bucket of 'em.

Site Supporter
    The North American Arms Guardian .380 is straight blowback. About 18 years ago, it was one of the best pocket pistols available. However, I completely stopped carrying mine after shooting it side by side with my Kel-Tec P3AT.

I cannot imagine that anyone in their right mind would design a straight blowback .380 today, but we will have to wait for more details on the new Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Heh. I wonder if this means H und K will re-re-release a gas-delayed blowback pistol with a polymer frame in .380....
    (It'd be surely more refined and better-made than the Walther CCP, but we will still suck, and they will still hate us.)

I like all the new choices, to be honest. Looking forward to seeing what this one does differently than the 9mm 365.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    As a 9mm reloader, I truly despise .380
    yeah, I have made a number of '.380 UltraMax' reloads over the years when some .380 brass made it through the 9mm bucket into the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Worse:
    .32 ACP case hiding inside a 9mm
    And fuck .38 Short Colt and the horse it rode.
    Worst jam that I had with the press lately was a .32 acp inside a .38 spl that got the whole mess well stuck in a sizing die.

We had some .38 simunitions brass of some sort get mixed in with one bucket of brass; longer than .38 short colt, shorter than .38 long colt. Really confused us until we found a couple live rounds further down in the bucket.

If they make this 365 as a locked breach .380 it should sell well (assuming ammo ever hits the market again). It would be a snappy little beastie in straight blowback.
    Last edited by revolvergeek; 01-21-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    Guess I don't see the point if it is the same size and holds the same number of rounds.

User Tag List