Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 .380 being announced

Nifty idea, but around my AO 380 is damn near vaporware. Shitloads of 9mm though.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    As a 9mm reloader, I truly despise .380
    Hating on lead delivery systems seems ridiculous to me. I saw the smiley and I know it isn't you.

It's 10x better than a knife. I'm a 9mm reloader myself and it's my preferred carry, but I also carry 38 spl. in the summer. There really isn't a great difference.

I had a HK model 4 years ago. I truly wish I had that back. My sis in TX just told me she still has it. I'm thinking about paying the freight plus and getting it returned. I gave it to my bro about 20 years ago which was a yuge mistake.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-29-2021 at 08:25 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    9mm vs 380 heres two people who don't know what they're doing, take a look at how jumpy the 9mm is and take into account that the dude has 200 lbs on the broad .

My wife tried the G26, G43 and G42. She shot a couple of magazines through the G26, 2 or three rounds through the G43, and all of the boxes of .380 we had through the G42.

I got her a G42 a couple of weeks later.

Here's the full video if anyone wants it:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...365-380/388095

They kept the grip module as-is, shimmed the magazine (although had to make feedlips longer), and "squatted" the slide, whatever that means.

I'm quite interested. I would prefer Glock 42X, but that's not happening.

March - April ship date!

he shoots it starting at 3:25 - its like hes shooting an airsoft!

same grip module, same FCU, all they did was "squat the slide". I sent an inquiry about if they're going to sell an extendo and if it uses the same sights as the standard.
    Last edited by pooty; 01-29-2021 at 10:06 PM.

As much as I dislike Sig as a company, this would allow me to make use of my .380 brass supply.

I sold off all my .380s years ago, and still have several hundred rounds loaded, dies, bullets, and about 5000 cases.

This may make a fun plinker for the kids.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    As much as I dislike Sig as a company, this would allow me to make use of my .380 brass supply.

I sold off all my .380s years ago, and still have several hundred rounds loaded, dies, bullets, and about 5000 cases.

This may make a fun plinker for the kids.
    You could sell/trade/give away all of that cruddy .380 stuff so you don’t have to mess with it. I’m sure *someone* would take it off your hands so it isn’t cluttering up your work space.

Has anyone found the weight of it? I can't find info on their site still.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Here's the full video if anyone wants it:

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...365-380/388095

They kept the grip module as-is, shimmed the magazine (although had to make feedlips longer), and "squatted" the slide, whatever that means.

I'm quite interested. I would prefer Glock 42X, but that's not happening.

42x would be to my liking too.

Because the name sounds wimpy and everything is just marketing, I don't think the .380 will ever be as popular as it should. They missed the boat in this country, as I've said before, by not calling the .380 a 9mm Browning Short like they do in other countries where it enjoys a more robust popularity. Some of this, admittedly, is due to laws prohibiting ownership by civilians of, so called, military & police calibers, but .380 has served in both roles over the years admirably. Bigger is not always better and balance is key. Hence the whole 3 1/2" Magnum 12ga., or a lot of the muscle cars with way too much H.P. for their chassis to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    They missed the boat in this country, as I've said before, by not calling the .380 a 9mm Browning Short like they do in other countries where it enjoys a more robust popularity.
    I don't think the name matters at all in the case of .380. The numbers of .380 guns made shows a well defined peak around 2016, as I mentioned uptread:

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Year - 9mm - 380
    2019 - 57% - 15%
    2018 - 54% - 20%
    2017 - 48% - 23%
    2016 - 48% - 24%
    2015 - 43% - 23%
    2014 - 35% - 24%
    2013 - 38% - 19%
    2012 - 35% - 17%
    The trend played out at a longer time than this. The pioneering Kel-Tec P-3AT was introduced in 2003, and its clone Ruger LCP in 2008. Glock 42 was introduced in 2014, which is where the growth of the popularity of the .380 was no longer possible to ignore, even for Glock. As you can see, their timing was actually perfect.

User Tag List