Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 .380 being announced

I'm kind of intrigued by this one. If they bring the weight down closer to a G42 than G43, and it's reliable, it could make a compelling around-the-house/taking out the trash pocket holster gun (the role generally filled by my G42).

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    March - April ship date!
    It's May and the gun is nowhere. Does anyone think SIG quietly canceled it and will never mention it again? Or is it just a usual schedule slip?

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    It's May and the gun is nowhere. Does anyone think SIG quietly canceled it and will never mention it again? Or is it just a usual schedule slip?
    Entirely possible that it's simply Covid supply/logistics strains. I was very surprised that they announced a new pistol during all this to begin with, when most manufacturers in virtually every industry cannot meet demand.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Does anyone have any additional information about possible release dates for this gun?

We have no choice but be patient, I'm afraid.

Remember that SCCY's .380 gun, CPX-3, took 3 years from announcement to availability. They already had a 9mm gun, and thought it would be very easy to make a .380 gun based on it. Prototypes were working fine, so they went to glossy magazines with the announcements.

SIG have re-chambered a 9mm into .380 before: the P290RS. All it took for them was some machining on the inside of the slide to make it lighter. But that pistol had a single stack magazine.

So, it could be just problems getting production version to run. Or, perhaps Ruger LCP MAX threw a wrench into the works, and SIG realized that a re-chambering of P365 will not be competitive. Although, for the latter to happen, SIG industrial spies should be working inside Ruger and report to Exeter no later than March, for the snap decision to be taken. More likely, they had some modest issues and that delayed them enough for Ruger to bust this balloon.

I know there are some people that will want a .380 version for less felt recoil, but for me the Ruger LCP-MAX checks more boxes as why I have a .380. Pocket carry is the first on the list for me.

ps I still carry a P3AT daily in my pocket.

Site Supporter
    The new Ruger is definitely on my radar, but I am not necessarily looking for absolute smallest and lightest. I am looking for something easy to shoot as well as easy to conceal for at least two ladies with hand, wrist, or elbow issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The new Ruger is definitely on my radar, but I am not necessarily looking for absolute smallest and lightest. I am looking for something easy to shoot as well as easy to conceal for at least two ladies with hand, wrist, or elbow issues.
    x2. Tiny guns are great, but a soft shooting, low recoil, easy to use double stack pistol in .380 would be a fantastic choice for similarly afflicted/elderly folks I know.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    As much as I dislike Sig as a company, this would allow me to make use of my .380 brass supply.

I sold off all my .380s years ago, and still have several hundred rounds loaded, dies, bullets, and about 5000 cases.

This may make a fun plinker for the kids.
    You should take a look at thr Browning offerings.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...0/current.html
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    My wife took a pistol class with a EZ Shield .380.

She shot it well, and I think, for her purposes, it offers the enough safety benefits (this one only has the grip safety) while being easy for her to shoot. Her hands are tiny, but she can depress the grip safety, rack the slide, and operate the gun. Is it ideal for home defense? No, but it beats nothing and seems to be the best option for her.

Every revolver we tried was just too much for her. In theory I liked the revolver for her, but between trigger reach and DA trigger pull, I felt better about the EZ shield.

A "hi capacity" DAO .22 pistol would be nice for her too.

These guns have their place.

User Tag List