Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 .380 being announced

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    As a 9mm reloader, I truly despise .380
    I used to have a 9x18 Makarov. Those could be annoying mixed with 9x19, because they didn’t really look any different. Case heads are the same size, length is only 1mm off.

A 9x18 case loaded through 9x19 dies would act just like a 9x19 right up until the firing pin hit the primer. The firing pin would just push the cartridge forward in the chamber, since the case mouth was just floating there, and not fire.

I think .380 is better than 9x18; I can see the difference and sort them easier.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Guess I don't see the point if it is the same size and holds the same number of rounds.
    If it is locked breach it should be noticeably lighter recoil than the 9mm version (approx size and weight being equal). May be of importance to some shooters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I used to have a 9x18 Makarov. Those could be annoying mixed with 9x19, because they didn’t really look any different. Case heads are the same size, length is only 1mm off.

A 9x18 case loaded through 9x19 dies would act just like a 9x19 right up until the firing pin hit the primer. The firing pin would just push the cartridge forward in the chamber, since the case mouth was just floating there, and not fire.

I think .380 is better than 9x18; I can see the difference and sort them easier.
    If you use a Lee APP, and decap them all, the feed mechanism will jam if you run the case feed at the lowest possible distance for 9x19. Mak or 380 just stops the feed, pull it and put that case in the correct folgers can, and move on with life.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    The only recent blowback .380 on the market was RIA Baby Rock. And before that Grand Power ROXOR. Well, Walther made repro PPK/S in the U.S, too. Everything else has a locked breech all the way back into 2000s: KelTec P-3AT, Ruger LCP/LCP II, clones of Mustang (P238, 911), S&W 380EZ, SCCY CPX-3, etc etc. If we aren't looking at PPK, nobody makes blowback .380 anymore, unless they are a very minor manufacturer in a small country nobody heard about.
    Everybody always forgets about Hi-Point. The Problem Solvers are blowback.

Guess I don't see the point if it is the same size and holds the same number of rounds.
    less recoil makes easier to shoot one handed.
    the harris technique will work much better so you dont need a wml.

assuming a red dot and laser will last longer as well.

easier to shoot = cheaper to practice since you dont need to do it as often

try shooing a G43and a G42 side by side

the ammo is lighter too

Site Supporter
    The number of shooters with hand or wrist issues that limit the ability to absorb recoil, or who are simply recoil shy is not insignificant. I am carrying a 9mm P365 as I type this, but am very likely to pick up a .380 once they are available and reasonably vetted since at least two family members fall into those categories.

If you are inclined to do any research, do a search on the forum for a thread on the "old man gun" concept to see we're on about. The concept has been pretty well fleshed out.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

So, when are we going to learn that it was a hoax?

Well, the point that I see is that most Americanos don't understand balance. These little 9mm handguns need to be sized appropriately to the size and weight of the cartridge. Think about the weight of a Luger, or a P-38 or a Browning Hi Power. The size and weight of the handgun is perfectly proportional to the size and weight of the cartridge. For instance for a tiny pocket auto like the excellent Kel-Tec P-32 the thing is a joy to shoot and balanced, but when you drop a 9mm Browning Short into that platform, IMO it's not a balanced handgun anymore and a little beeotch to shoot. Same with my S&W 342Ti with anything but Hornady 110gr FTX Std non +p and even then not good for extended range sessions.

Let's face it, most dudes are macho and our culture dictates anybody that shoots less than .45 (now a 9) is a piss poor excuse of a man.

If you look at the stats- you only give up about 3% in one shot stop statistics by dropping down to a pinche .380, which should be called a 9mm Short and would then get rid of some of the macho man perception issues with the caliber.

I can extrapolate that to shotguns where the best gauge from a scientific perspective is a 28 GA with 2 1/4 DR and 3/4 oz shot.

Don't underestimate a 7.65mm Browning in a small pocket pistol or a 9x17 Browning in an appropriately sized pistol like a 365, which most people will be able to fire much more effectively than the full sized 9x19 and have way more fun doing it as well. YMMV.

9mm vs 380 heres two people who don't know what they're doing, take a look at how jumpy the 9mm is and take into account that the dude has 200 lbs on the broad .

User Tag List