Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Gun Oil > MPro7...I think

Not that you asked, but I think "gun oil" is all BS.

I have used just about everything and it all works. 3in1 oil was the only one I would not use again (gums up)

Anymore I just use Mobile One 5-20...and do not be afraid to LUBE. More is always better than none.
    And more than "just right" is don't hurt. In other words err on the wet side.

I am a lazy enduser, I lube, shoot and repeat till I feel guilty enough to clean...and if I have match or the
    guilt passes, I just lube and shoot.

Ran cast bullet's in a 1911 heavy slide WadGun for a full season without cleaning, but lubed every match...my guns run.
    I do the same with my 3 gun gear.

Grease with anything that sticks for hammer / sear. Royal Purple (the grease gun cartridge) is my current default.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Site Supporter
    Mobil 1-Good enough for Porsche at LeMans on an engine turning 8000+RPM, good enough for me on my Glock/1911/AR.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Not that you asked, but I think "gun oil" is all BS.

I have used just about everything and it all works. 3in1 oil was the only one I would not use again (gums up)

Anymore I just use Mobile One 5-20...and do not be afraid to LUBE. More is always better than none.
    And more than "just right" is don't hurt. In other words err on the wet side.

I am a lazy enduser, I lube, shoot and repeat till I feel guilty enough to clean...and if I have match or the
    guilt passes, I just lube and shoot.

Ran cast bullet's in a 1911 heavy slide WadGun for a full season without cleaning, but lubed every match...my guns run.
    I do the same with my 3 gun gear.

Grease with anything that sticks for hammer / sear. Royal Purple (the grease gun cartridge) is my current default.
    BS, no, but it does highlight how easy of a problem guns are to lube. The fact that so many sell grease though, tells us that they don't fully understand things.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Slip 2000 ewl, G96 synthetic CLP, and weaponshield for me. Glock connectors feel smoother with these oils than they do with Lucas or mpro7. Personally, I was never really impressed with Mpro7 lpx or the cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    BS, no, but it does highlight how easy of a problem guns are to lube. The fact that so many sell grease though, tells us that they don't fully understand things.
    Meaning grease doesn't work?

If so. I have to disagree on that

Quote Originally Posted by KEW8338 View Post
    Meaning grease doesn't work?

If so. I have to disagree on that
    Works and works well are vastly different, especially when there's so little demands placed on a lube.

Works and works well are vastly different, especially when there's so little demands placed on a lube.
    I'd have to go with grease works significantly better than oil.

Having done side by side tests for thousands of rounds where:

Tw25b
    Lucas grease
    Clp
    Slip
    Mpro

Were used side by side on high demand systems (machine guns) and traditional rifles.

I'll choose a grease

Quote Originally Posted by KEW8338 View Post
    I'd have to go with grease works significantly better than oil.

Having done side by side tests for thousands of rounds where:

Tw25b
    Lucas grease
    Clp
    Slip
    Mpro

Were used side by side on high demand systems (machine guns) and traditional rifles.

I'll choose a grease
    Can you quantify better?

Can you quantify better?
    I do not have statistical or more quantifiable information readily at hand.

On the other hand, some firearms don't do well with grease.

Source: https://www.wilsoncombat.com/faqs/
    (Scroll through to the section regarding lubricants and 9mm pistols)

Quote: Use plenty of lubrication during break in and thereafter. We find that most service issues are caused by under lubricating or too-heavy viscosity lubricant in 9mm pistols. . . NEVER Use any Form of Grease on a 9mm Pistol!
    (Emphasis mine)

User Tag List