Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lucas Gun Oil > MPro7...I think

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Grease in an AR is a hard no, it’s associated with stoppages even in hot environments. I tested some personally in a hot/humid env’t and had a lot of FTF. Went back to oil and no problems.
    Have you tried the Slip 2000 grease with ARs?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Only lube I had problems with was Frog lube.
    yaaasss. That stuff is hot garbage.

One more I'll add is Rem-Oil. That stuff made my Glock feel crunchy, took a week of cleaning to get it all out and replace with my preferred Slip 2000/EWL30 (like many here). It's what was available at the work range one day when I qualified, and since that experience I simply choose to leave my gun dirty until I get home unless they have Slip 2000.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Pat was first with the Vagisil thing at classes.
    I believe that as well, but one never knows who was actually “first”... so I left it open. In my mind that is a Pat Rogers quote, along with a lot of other things I learned from him over the years. (Never did earn an MC patch, though...)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    First time I heard that quote was from Pat Rogers in 2002. He may or may not have been first with it, but it sure left an impression at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Pat was first with the Vagisil thing at classes.
    I have no idea on the origin and it's quite possible that LAV credited Pat when he said it but I'm not 100%, that's been almost a decade now. I know it came about in this instance after a student's Glock started having issues and LAV discovered it was bone dry and he used it as a teaching point.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    yaaasss. That stuff is hot garbage.

One more I'll add is Rem-Oil. That stuff made my Glock feel crunchy, took a week of cleaning to get it all out and replace with my preferred Slip 2000/EWL30 (like many here). It's what was available at the work range one day when I qualified, and since that experience I simply choose to leave my gun dirty until I get home unless they have Slip 2000.
    The only thing I've used Rem-Oil on in the last decade are my Dad's old guns. I wipe them with Rem-Oil to keep the rust away.

One that I kinda forgot about is the ALG Go Juice. My last Geissele order was a rail and a trigger and they threw in a 4 oz bottle. It seemed to work well as a lube but man I couldn't get over the smell. It smelled like burnt crayons while you're shooting and the smell lingers around inside the gun.

Another very unscientific test. I took my new G19 MOS with Holosun (First Shots) to the range past weekend to zero optic and do general drills. I lubed the pistol up with the Lucas Extreme duty gun oil vs my regular Slip 200O ewl. The pistol felt to me very smooth when cycling the slide. I put approx 350 rds through it (115grn FMJ and Speer Gold dot). Upon cleaning at home the pistol still had the Lucas present and was easy to clean. Wear marks seemed to be less than when I used Slip on another new pistol. The Optic didn't get dirty with oil as with the Slip also.
    So to sum it up in a very unscientific test, for me I notice more smoothness, less wear marks, the pistols don't heat up as much and they are easier to clean. This is all subjective to my feel and eyes. Time will tell.

Thanks
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve m; 03-09-2021 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Typo errors

I realize this is stirring up the pot, but I have about run out of the 4 Oz bottle of Slip 2000 I bought in geez must have been 5 years ago,

I have noticed that if I let my pistols sit with Slip 2000 in the safe, when I pre-check them before going to the range, they are invariably dry? Which is weird because I lube them before going in the safe. Can Slip 2000 “evaporate”?

I got a free sample of Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil recently that I just tried on my Glock 48 and 34. I liked it. It seemed a little bit thicker than the Slip 2000. It’s too early yet to tell if it evaporates as fast, tho.

Anyway, I was going to order some more Slip 2000, maybe the 30 weight, but I thought I’d ask about this Lucas stuff. The reports seem to be positive. A 1.5 Oz Bottle is pricey ($8.99), but with a convenient needle tip. I mean lube is lube, so I’ll probably just go buy some and see how it goes.

No, Slip2000 cannot evaporate. It’s a penetrating lubricant. “Slip” stands for synthetic lubricant, industrial penetrant. The additives in Slip2000 are attracted to metal and will spread out and adhere to metal surfaces. The owner of the company recommends wiping Slip2000 on, and then off until the metal is dry to the touch. They made more viscous versions for people who like to leave more of the lubricant on (or see the metal shiny with lubricant).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTpWfjVFfEU

I am not sure if anyone has seen this, made me use a lot more Sriracha to get an empty bottle. I generally subscribe to the "wet AR's and guns in general just run better" and have used both Lucas and MPro7 in the past. So far it seems to stay wet and generally in place on my work gun.

Quote Originally Posted by babypanther View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTpWfjVFfEU

I am not sure if anyone has seen this, made me use a lot more Sriracha to get an empty bottle. I generally subscribe to the "wet AR's and guns in general just run better" and have used both Lucas and MPro7 in the past. So far it seems to stay wet and generally in place on my work gun.
    Ahhhh...sriracha. Can I use this on my burritos then?

Kidding (mostly). Thanks for the video.

User Tag List