Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Gun Oil > MPro7...I think

I clean with Weapon Shield.
    I use Mobil 1 20W50 VTWIN oil.
    I use Slip 2000 EWG grease.
    Ed's Red is a good lubricant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    On the other hand, some firearms don't do well with grease.
    It generally causes more problems than it solves, and doesn't usually solve any actual problem, merely creates more. Again though, it works because the lubrication problem isn't that hard. Oil is just by and far, so much easier. That said, years of works for me is hard to overcome, so oh well.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It generally causes more problems than it solves, and doesn't usually solve any actual problem, merely creates more. Again though, it works because the lubrication problem isn't that hard. Oil is just by and far, so much easier. That said, years of works for me is hard to overcome, so oh well.
    Care to elaborate ?

Car boards, motorcycle boards and gun boards all have one thing in common...

And this thread is it.

Quote Originally Posted by KEW8338 View Post
    Care to elaborate ?
    Grease is oil with added thickeners.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Grease is oil with added thickeners.
    This causes more issues how?

Quote Originally Posted by KEW8338 View Post
    This causes more issues how?
    The oil dries up and/or migrates, leaving the thickeners in place. Not a huge concern, but it does happen. Not to mention reduced cold weather performance.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The oil dries up and/or migrates, leaving the thickeners in place. Not a huge concern, but it does happen. Not to mention reduced cold weather performance.
    Of course, not really a concern or as much of a concern in warmer environments. As always, there is no black and white, only shades of gray. Make an informed choice, be ready to change if needed.
    #RESIST

Grease in an AR is a hard no, it’s associated with stoppages even in hot environments. I tested some personally in a hot/humid env’t and had a lot of FTF. Went back to oil and no problems.

I’ve done a bunch of high round count days with Slip2000 EWL. I use the heavier stuff, “30” I think. I’ve been using it for years. It does a good job of staying put, lubricates well, and doesn’t smell bad like motor oil. I haven’t tried everything, there might be better stuff out there, but the EWL has exceeded my expecations.

Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    Grease in an AR is a hard no, it’s associated with stoppages even in hot environments. I tested some personally in a hot/humid env’t and had a lot of FTF. Went back to oil and no problems.

I’ve done a bunch of high round count days with Slip2000 EWL. I use the heavier stuff, “30” I think. I’ve been using it for years. It does a good job of staying put, lubricates well, and doesn’t smell bad like motor oil. I haven’t tried everything, there might be better stuff out there, but the EWL has exceeded my expecations.
    I agree, I’d rather run thicker oil than grease and Slip2000 EWL30 is good stuff.
    #RESIST

User Tag List