Thread: Benelli M2 Rifle 18.5” Barrel With Rifle Sights

Benelli M2 Rifle 18.5” Barrel With Rifle Sights

For anyone with experience with these, how well do these rifle sights work? That rear sight is pretty low in pictures, is it hard to pick up quickly?

About how well do they place 00 buckshot and Brenneke slugs? I thought I read a post somewhere that said that POI tends to be either low or high (can’t remember), but I cannot find that post, anywhere.

Thanks much.

M2sights

I have these on an M1 Super 90. I like/prefer them to ghost ring sights.

My preference on shotguns is barrel-mounted rifle-sights. My understanding is that Benelli doesn't sell the guns that way anymore, and you have to find one of the barrels set up that way and swap them out. Is that correct? Are the barrels currently produced or are the ones people are swapping for all old stock or used?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’m not sure, but am just wanting to know about the question of POI with these barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by kev8287 View Post
    I have these on an M1 Super 90. I like/prefer them to ghost ring sights.
    same here, my poi/poa was within an inch at 50 yards with full power Rottweil Brenneke's, for me they were quicker than the ghost ring version which I also owned, my barrel was the old HK branded M1S90 so I have no idea what changes have happened with the M2 version

I have one. It shoots the Brenneke Home Defense slugs very well. At ten yards, the Flite Control 8-pellet 00 Buck is a wee bit below the holes for the slugs. By wee, I mean it's maybe a half-inch?

Every barrel is unique, and as many here would say, it's imperative to pattern your barrel with your ammo at your applicable distances.

But that is a great combo with a Briley rail and a youth Comfortech stock. It is about as fast as a 1301 for most average Earth people.

And stepping down the rabbit hole - how many barbarians or orc hordes are you repelling at your particular castle? If you have to slay 8 ne'er-do-wells in 3 seconds, you need a JTAC, not a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My preference on shotguns is barrel-mounted rifle-sights. My understanding is that Benelli doesn't sell the guns that way anymore, and you have to find one of the barrels set up that way and swap them out. Is that correct? Are the barrels currently produced or are the ones people are swapping for all old stock or used?
    https://www.shopbenelli.com/mm5/merc...uct_Code=80028

They have barrels for $400. Probably not always in stock.

User Tag List