Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkish M4 clones

Turkish M4 clones

Does anybody have any experience wuth the various Benelli M4 clones from turkey?

A friend has one. He reports needing higher dram loads for function, at least at his first outing (he brought a mix of bird, buck, and slugs). Internally, it appears largely identical to a Benelli. It is mostly compatible with M4 furniture, though he had to modify the gun to make a Mesa Urbino fit (the tube in the stock for the action spring was too long). He has not tried an extension. For the cost, he is thus far happy with it.

Not an M4, but I have a Berika-marked M2-type straight stock that I picked up a few months ago. Cylinder bore @ 18.5 inches, front blade, no rear sight. These are shotguns that numerous retailers offer as a private label. They seemed to get decent reviews when sold as TriStar and other names.

Only 100 mixed shells downrange, but runs well to date. Soft shooter recoil-wise but able to mix and match Foster slugs with low brass target loads in the same tube with no bobbles. The internals looked smooth, well machined and otherwise adequate when I purchased it. I have added a Nordic Components +2 tube using a Benelli Nova pattern nut. That extension runs fine too.

I have no illusions that it is a Benelli nor Beretta, but my timing was bad on delaying an auto shotgun purchase in Fall 2019. Finding shotgun shells is a bit of challenge these days. I paid a premium for a few dozen OO buck, but the barrel does not like Federal FliteControl. The OO Flite Control opens up about six-eight inches at 25yds versus five inches or so out of my 870s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    Not an M4, but I have a Berika-marked M2-type straight stock that I picked up a few months ago. Cylinder bore @ 18.5 inches, front blade, no rear sight. These are shotguns that numerous retailers offer as a private label. They seemed to get decent reviews when sold as TriStar and other names.

Only 100 mixed shells downrange, but runs well to date. Soft shooter recoil-wise but able to mix and match Foster slugs with low brass target loads in the same tube with no bobbles. The internals looked smooth, well machined and otherwise adequate when I purchased it. I have added a Nordic Components +2 tube using a Benelli Nova pattern nut. That extension runs fine too.

I have no illusions that it is a Benelli nor Beretta, but my timing was bad on delaying an auto shotgun purchase in Fall 2019. Finding shotgun shells is a bit of challenge these days. I paid a premium for a few dozen OO buck, but the barrel does not like Federal FliteControl. The OO Flite Control opens up about six-eight inches at 25yds versus five inches or so out of my 870s.
    I would not consider its 25 yard Flite Control performance a problem. Very much variation exists from one shotgun barrel to the next. Between brands variation is even greater.

Bumping this thread with the same question. A friend is looking for his first shotgun and has interest in one of these Turkish guns. Would be a fun gun, but probably pull some home defense duties too. My default recommendation would be an 870, but I have no experience with the Turkish guns and he digs them.

Big thread over on AR15.com: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/B...iews/1-520113/

Some good info and reviews. I looked at it last year when deciding on a shotgun.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’ve got an AKSA S4. I’ve only put a couple hundred rounds of buckshot through it but it’s run flawlessly so far. The single malfunction I’ve had was on the very first shot when I “ghost loaded” it incorrectly.

TLDR: Turkish shotguns for toys or extreme light duty only (IMHO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuY4CWm8XwA

Buy a pump Mossberg Maverick if going cheap.
    "Follow me!"

Save your money and buy a Benelli M4 so you do not have to hope all your clone parts are just as good. If do not have the funds then buy a Beretta 1301. If you are really cheap then buy a Maverick 88.

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    TLDR: Turkish shotguns for toys or extreme light duty only (IMHO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuY4CWm8XwA

Buy a pump Mossberg Maverick if going cheap.
    I enjoy some of his videos. Others not so much. I watched this one a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised with the Maverick burn down he did.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List