Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkish M4 clones

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    TLDR: Turkish shotguns for toys or extreme light duty only (IMHO)

Buy a pump Mossberg Maverick if going cheap.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    TLDR: Turkish shotguns for toys or extreme light duty only (IMHO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuY4CWm8XwA

Buy a pump Mossberg Maverick if going cheap.
    The action on my Toros T4 was really rough right out of the box. I lubed the bolt and it made it a little better. I figured out it was the recoil spring tube/plunger. I pulled the trigger assembly out, partially retracted the bolt, squirted some lube Geissele Go Juice in there and cycled the shit out of the action. That made a huge difference. The action cycled smoothly now.

I cannot help but wonder if he had lubed the receiver up like that. If he did not I wonder if the gun would have run everything he threw at it.

Back in the late Aughts I must have sold a thousand Maverick 88s. And I never had one come back for repair. But I never had a 500 or 590 comeback either.

Same cannot be said for 870s, 930s, or any of the various Turkish POSes from that same time frame ('06-'10). Including a stack of Stoegers.

I'll admit, I probably can't be convinced that a Turkish M4 is worth the hassle. But the same is true for ANY Turkish gun.

SDS Imports is supposedly working to improve the quality of the stuff they're bringing it, including a 1014 clone that can be seen briefly in the video at 2:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

With the ARGO gas system (I ass-u-me they cloned the complete shotgun) I don't believe the shotgun should be giving him as much felt recoil as his upper body movement seemed to indicate.

Maybe that's just me, though, I've never experienced Glock BTF and it was also news to me that M1's didn't work with sidesaddles.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List