Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois Police Reform Bill

I’m so glad I’m almost out of this damn state. I love IL but not how it’s being run.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Asinine.

Good luck with all that, Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m so glad I’m almost out of this damn state. I love IL but not how it’s being run.
    Likewise. I did my time in West Dundee Ill. Lots of great people there and proud to have served them. My brother is currently Chicago PD and can't wait to get out. I truly enjoyed living in and working there. It is a political cesspool now. Glad I am long gone.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

The Dems love all unions but police unions.

strip collective bargaining rights relating to discipline from police unions
    #RESIST

Anyone else think the whole plan is to get rid of the cops they don't want so they can hire the ones they do want later when everyone is screaming for more cops?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Anyone else think the whole plan is to get rid of the cops they don't want so they can hire the ones they do want later when everyone is screaming for more cops?
    Other than a demographic overhaul what do they want? How will this legislation make communities safer (rhetorical)?

I think the part bolded above is the part that stands out to me.

No cops, no reports.

No reports, no crime statistics.

No crime statistics:

"Come to Chicago...For the Peace & Love"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Send in the social workers!
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think the part bolded above is the part that stands out to me.

No cops, no reports.

No reports, no crime statistics.

No crime statistics:

"Come to Chicago...For the Peace & Love"
    The Baltimore method

No thinking, many are. Red scare aside, many in today's reform leadership are at least cribbing effective plays from the Bolsheviks. Wikipedia is garbage but this introduction is both succinct and accurate:

"The name militsiya as applied to police forces originates from a Russian Provisional Government decree dated April 17, 1917, and from early Soviet history: both the Provisional Government and the Bolsheviks intended to associate their new law-enforcement authority with the self-organisation of the people and to distinguish it from the Czarist police. The militsiya was reaffirmed in Russia on October 28 (November 10, according to the new style dating), 1917 under the official name of the 'Workers' and Peasants' Militsiya', in further contrast to what the Bolsheviks called the 'bourgeois class protecting' police."

The end goal* is the culling of undesirables, centralization, new hiring/retention standards, and targeted enforcement against unsavory political opponent classes. New boss, same as the old boss. Only real change is the letter in parenthesis after the names of the political establishment.

* The publicly stated one, anyway. The real goal is to use the current system as a sacrificial lamb and continue keeping the public from realizing that, as an enforcement division, all L.E. does is perform to the will of the political machine that was elected ("elected" perhaps sometimes more accurately) by the people. Feed the machine.

User Tag List