Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to learn to love the glock grip angle?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I think you can get a safety for the APX. Not quite the same thing.., but would ultimately serve the same end.
    I didn't know that it was an option on the APEX, to be honest. In my mind it's the same thing, it's why I didn't mention the M&P as being a bad suggestion, because a thumb safety that's a perfectly acceptable alternative to a Gadget or Hammer.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I didn't know that it was an option on the APEX, to be honest. In my mind it's the same thing, it's why I didn't mention the M&P as being a bad suggestion, because a thumb safety that's a perfectly acceptable alternative to a Gadget or Hammer.
    I think it’s only available as an add-on:

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...safety/e02588/

This one says it’s for the full size. I didn’t see any specifically for the compact or Centurion. But I feel they’d be the same internally? I dunno. But I think it’s cool Beretta offers this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I think it’s only available as an add-on:

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx...safety/e02588/

This one says it’s for the full size. I didn’t see any specifically for the compact or Centurion. But I feel they’d be the same internally? I dunno. But I think it’s cool Beretta offers this.
    I recall reading on the mega APX thread here that the full-size internals is different than the compact/centurion.

To the OP, I decided to focus on one platform about a year ago and realized I was shooting Glocks more than Berettas and what not. After say a month or so, I didn't really notice the Glock grip anymore. I did notice that my grip had changed that activating the grip safety on 1911 wasn't automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I recall reading on the mega APX thread here that the full-size internals is different than the compact/centurion.

To the OP, I decided to focus on one platform about a year ago and realized I was shooting Glocks more than Berettas and what not. After say a month or so, I didn't really notice the Glock grip anymore. I did notice that my grip had changed that activating the grip safety on 1911 wasn't automatic.
    Same here. I don’t have any guns with a grip safety anymore, but over the years the center of my firing hand grip pressure has moved farther up the backstrap, I can’t consistently activate grip safeties without thinking about it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Sure it is possible to love the Glock angle. I was all Glock when I first got into handguns years ago when the Gen 3 was the latest. I thought they were perfect, except for the trigger reach, which was too long for me. Then I started trying other handguns a few years later (M&P & FNS mainly) and found I did not care for the Glock grip angle among other things. So, for me I have found that the Glock does not work for me the best and I greatly prefer other handguns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    so is the P10c until Tom blesses us with a Gadget for it (SoonTM​).
    Is a gadget for the P10c in development that we know of?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Is a gadget for the P10c in development that we know of?
    Not, that's why the running joke of SoonTM. Tom has mentioned that it looks to be technically feasible, though more challenging than a Glock one, but there are no current plans to produce one right now.

There's a chance for a CZ P-10 SCD, but with a simple Glock-style SCD the angled rear face of the striker/firing pin causes problems (it's like a wheel chock and changes the force vector due to striker movement from straight to the rear to towards the hinge pin which causes the pivoting portion of the SCD to bind and not just freely swing out of the way). I can probably find a way to work around it and may eventually release an SCD for the P-10, but it's not coming anytime soon.
    Source
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Yes. Stop thinking about grip angle being a primary, secondary or even tertiary factor of importance to fast, accurate shooting.

Name:  45CEC8E6-D26A-4C7F-9E08-734EF6709DE9.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  20.4 KB

I am either the "right or way-wrong" guy to reply. (Box to Match with over 50 "unknown" handguns with 80% wins)

I have no patience for the "I can't shoot X gun".

They all work the same...have the bullet exit hole somewhat inline with
    where ya want the bullet to go and make it go bang.

YES!!! We all get used to what we know and we will of course shoot better with that which we know.
    But it is just a handgun, dry fire your ass off and all will be well.

Do I get an asshole award for this?
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

User Tag List